Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Yeah thats a good quality to have to be president. Hell, who needs knowledge, when you can just piss people off.
    See what I mean? [[they're so easy to piss off)
    Last edited by coracle; May-30-11 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Prediction. Palin will not run. Take it to the bank.
    In the way Palin is in her Tour Coach called "One Nation" She will run for president. She is just giving her hint through the media.

If she runs, it will be on an independent tea party slate, with absolutely no debates, and very limited press. Fox news will be the only network, she will allow to question her, with rehearsed questions and answers. Guess what?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Citizen Cain used to be the head of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He doesn't believe that the Fed needs to be audited even though we have recently learned that the Fed has been making surreptitious loans to foreign countries. I noticed how Fox has been pumping his candidacy.
    "...He is a former deputy chairman [[1992–94) and chairman [[1995–96) of the civilian board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City..." Not exactly Tim Geitner. Still it's interesting that his association with the Fed. is not mentioned in the media that I listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    That's bad news. The comedy she could provide would help me endure some of the hardest economic times.
    She'll still be flinging her mental feces. They'll have to lock her in a vault to shut her up.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    See what I mean? [[they're so easy to piss off)
    Yeah, a near depression really pisses me off. That and being reminded of how close the Idiocracy is at hand. As Charlie Pierce says in his book, the lunatic fringe has become acceptable, at least by a significant number of people.

Any views on Rick Santorum ?

I heard he may be a possible subject of a grand jury investigation. Pretty sure it was him, they had mentioned. We'll know before the primaries.

Newt's staff jumping ship looks to be a good pickup for Rick [[Don't Mess with Texas) Perry
    who looks like he is throwing his hat into the ring.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...ick-perry.html

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Any views on Rick Santorum ?
    Self-important religious nut, wants government to intrude into peoples' personal affairs. No thank you.

There will be a lot more people enter the race yet because they all know that whichever one of them becomes the contender is going to win. I think it will be Palin.

I hope she runs. Win? Dream on.

Rick Santorum has thrown his hat into the political hat for president. He will lose in Iowa Caucus flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    I hope she runs.
    Please, please, PLEASE let her run. She owes that much to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Please, please, PLEASE let her run. She owes that much to us.
    I don't know! I'm pretty excited to vote for Michele Bachmann in the SC Republican Primary!

Newt is an intelligent man. His writings show his brilliance in them. However, he's not a very good campaigner, and doesn't have a very good track record for the ladies. Unless he can pull off a miracle, he's already doomed.

Romney = Gordon Geico

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...e-business-end

Heard on the PBS News Hour:
    David Brooks: Newt Gingrich couldn't manage a 7-11.

Mark Shields: He couldn't manage a 2 car funeral.
    Last edited by maxx; June-10-11 at 09:04 PM.

I really don't care who comes out on top for the Republicans, I will vote for him/her because when I cast my vote i will be thinking "this is a vote against Obama" and I'm confident I'm one of a growing majority. Anybody; anybody ;is better than what we've got.

You must still believe that tax cuts for the rich will create jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by maxx View Post
    You must still believe that tax cuts for the rich will create jobs.
    Yes I do. You can be sure they will produce more jobs than the $1 Trillion of our money your "hero" flushed down the sewer on "shovel ready jobs"
    Last edited by coracle; June-16-11 at 06:25 AM.

Yes I do. You can be sure they will produce more jobs than the $1 Trillion of our money your "hero" flushed down the sewer on "shovel ready jobs"
    How many jobs did the 2001 tax cuts create? How about the 2003 tax cuts?

If at first you don't succeed, repeat repeat repeat, right? If you keep banging your head hard enough, it'll eventually go through the wall, yes?

So, tell me how many jobs recipients of your tax cuts like Paris Hilton, the Kardashian girls, Sara Palin and Rush have created?

Hell, people like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates have come out and said folks like themselves should bear more of a tax burden, only to be silenced and ridiculed by the conservative media

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financ...alk_surowiecki
    "...Economists at various Wall Street houses suggest that it boosted G.D.P. by more than two per cent. And a recent study by Mark Zandi and Alan Blinder, economists from, respectively, Moody’s and Princeton, argues that, in the absence of the stimulus, unemployment would have risen above eleven per cent and that G.D.P. would have been almost half a trillion dollars lower...Many voters conflate the stimulus bill with the highly unpopular bailouts of the banking sector and the auto industry; Republicans have done a good job of encouraging such misconceptions, as when Representative Mike Pence, of Indiana, referred to the 'bailout stimulus'...

For instance, because research has shown that lump-sum tax refunds get hoarded rather than spent, the government decided not to give individuals their tax cuts all at once, instead refunding a little on each paycheck. The tactic was successful at increasing consumer demand, but it had a big political cost: many voters never noticed that they were getting a tax cut. Similarly, a key part of the stimulus was the billions of dollars that went to state governments. This was crucial in helping the states avoid layoffs and spending cuts, but politically it didn’t get much notice, because it was the dog that didn’t bark—saving jobs just isn’t as conspicuous as creating them...

The stimulus was also backloaded, so that only a third was spent in the first year. This reduced waste, since there was more time to vet projects, and insured that money would keep flowing into 2010, lessening the risk of a double-dip recession. But it also made the stimulus less potent in 2009, when the economy was in dire straits, leaving voters with the impression that the plan wasn’t working...

given the scope and depth of the recession, it’s also likely that any stimulus would have become a political albatross. As Jonathan Baron—a professor at the University of Pennsylvania who studies the role of psychology in public policy—has discussed, if you take action and things go wrong, you’re often held more responsible than if you do nothing, even when the failure to act would lead to a disastrous outcome...

http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/default.aspx

What bull-shit you believe in maxx. A typical Obama voter. Crap in and crap out.

Moody's, Princeton, the U. of Penn. Pretty good sources. What are yours? The voices in your head?

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast