Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

I saw Newt speaking several times yesterday. I never heard a word he said. I just kept thinking, I wonder how much money he and his wife spend on hair spray?

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I saw Newt speaking several times yesterday. I never heard a word he said. I just kept thinking, I wonder how much money he and his wife spend on hair spray?
    Mrs. Newt is scary:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...x582583#582645

Huckabee, Barbour and Trump are not running. Gingrich is having a poor start. Daniels, who wants a truce on social issues, said he'd announce after Indiana's legislative session ended - which it did over 3 weeks ago. Pawlenty is working hard to increase his exposure. Huntsman is warming up. Romney is still in there. Bachmann is beloved by Tea Partiers. And Paul retains a small but faithful set of followers.

Herman Cain wants things fixed right now. Just fix it! Just like financial expert Oscar Rodgers.

His chances are slim and next to none. Condi Rice? You've, got to be kidding.

Republicans needs a brand new clean cut 36 year old yuppfied Conservative Christian. This Republican should come a corporation who is a excellent political analyst and favor the wealthy all the time. This Republican should be anti-homosexual, opposes Obamacare and support tax credits for the rich and corporations. The candidate should NEVER favor leftist policies or the proletariats nor Democrats until they support its cause. Good luck with that.

So far its going to take more the same old has been republicans like Mitt Romney and Newt Gringrich to beat Obama.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Because new leadership leads to political revolution for Neda's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    That might be Marco Rubio, born of Cuban immigrants.
    2016 not ready yet

Herman Cain is winning folks over. Being an outsider worked well in the debates.

If he could convince Condi Rice to be his VP [[smart, articulate, not-yet elected to public office) they could be off to the races [[no pun intended)

If he/they got the nomination, it would have a rather chiling effect on charges of racism from the left.
    Mr. Cain is showing his inner Bachmann.

Foreign policy - "right of return" [[see 1:15 in clip)

Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution - sigh.

Last edited by vetalalumni; May-23-11 at 05:20 PM.

Citizen Cain used to be the head of the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank. He doesn't believe that the Fed needs to be audited even though we have recently learned that the Fed has been making surreptitious loans to foreign countries. I noticed how Fox has been pumping his candidacy.

The realization among the GOP is that Obama will be extremely difficult to beat is the reason you have so many folks dropping out of the race for the Repub nomination. In the case of Romney his window is closing. Pawlenty can use this as a trial run for 2016 when every Repub and their mother will run. The other Repubs are basically jokes [[ paging Herman Cain).

The only candidate to win reelection when unemployement was >7.3% was Reagan.

No need to page Cain - he's already thrown his hat in the ring.
    Ha ! maybe history won't repeat itself this time. Besides by this time next year unemployement maybe be < or = to 7.3% Also the Reagan recession did not compare with the Bush recession [[ do you see a pattern there? )

Oh I know Cain threw his hat into the ring and he's as big a joke as Newt.

At least he's made a payroll and run a [[rather large successful) business, unlike Barry.
    That of course assumes that in order to be president you need to have run a business. The two have very little in common, as you are now seeing with buyers remorse with Gov's in Mich, Wis and Florida just to name a few. Besides Saint Ronald of Reagan never ran a business

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Besides Saint Ronald of Reagan never ran a business
    And Bush Junior only ran three businesses--into the ground.

Cokeman
    Should that be spelled "Kochman"?

Freshman Senator Rand Paul must have the biggest set in the Senate taking on the leadership of both parties. Today, he held up the passage of the Patriot Act for another four years for at least seven hours all by himself.
    Resistance is NOT [[yet) futile, thanks to Rand Paul [[Solon)

Sen. Reid had to rescue the Patriot Act from Rand Paul by removing the bill from the floor and plans to attach it to some sort of business bill which is supposed to be more filibuster proof.
    Changes Rand Paul wants to make to the Patriot Act

I'm thinking that here is a quick learner who has no fear and can't be intimidated who will be ready in 2016. I'm not sure he is ready for 2012 but he is mentally agile enough to dissemble President Obama's cliches.

They know exactly what they want to do w/Rand Paul, but...
    none of their usual scandal-ending-career agenda items will work against him.

Rand Paul is using his Senatorial power with the surgical precision of the eye surgeon that he is! The Senate chamber is now his new operating room!

-Submitted by SteveMT

Edited to add: Can Rand Paul single-handedly cause the Patriot Act to lapse?
    Win or lose, the senator has emerged as the face of Fourth Amendment advocacy
    This author gets it and includes Rands 5/23 Senate speech about the Patriot Act.
    Last edited by oladub; May-25-11 at 01:15 AM.

A May 26 Gallup poll just came out including some interesting stats. Romney is is the lead, Palin second, Followed by Ron Paul, Gingrich, and Cain. Romney attracts the most educated Republicans while Sarah Palin gains support from the least educated Republicans. Ron Paul gets the most support from moderate Republicans, liberals, and Republican leaning independents but the least from regular church attenders.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/147806/Ro...ield-2012.aspx

Ron Paul - No thanks [[His son is more appealing)
    Romney - Maybe, if he can motivate me and be clear on his messages
    Palin - No way. Obama would wipe the floor with her.
    Gingrich - Nope. Probably a decent leader, but too much dirt and loose lips
    McCain - No. Too out of touch. Too old.

It's not looking good for the GOP.

2012 election results = Obama 60% versus whoever, 40%. Up from 2008 Obama 53% versus McCain 47%. Take it to the bank. He got bin laden, which is huge for the nation. It will not be forgotten soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    2012 election results = Obama 60% versus whoever, 40%. Up from 2008 Obama 53% versus McCain 47%. Take it to the bank. He got bin laden, which is huge for the nation. It will not be forgotten soon.
    I don't know that it's so much about bin Laden as it is:

1. The economy is growing again.
    2. States like Wisconsin, Ohio, and Florida are having incredible buyers remorse in their new Tea Party governors.
    3. The Paul Ryan / GOP plan to gut Medicare is proving to be highly unpopular with the elderly.
    4. Congressional Republicans, with their radical agenda to privatize everything and subsidize the wealthy, represent a hardcore conservative constituency that reflects the view of only 20-25% of the electorate. The majority of the nation is a lot more moderate and pragmatic than the GOP.

This is not to suggest an Obama love-fest, just that the current slate of potential GOP candidates is more incredibly flawed and misguided than usual.

Here's my voting result if a presidental election were to happen in 2012.

If Obama verses Ron Paul

Obama - 66% Ron Paul - 30%

If Obama verses Romney

Obama - 88% Romney - 9% [[Wow! what a landslide)

If Obama verses Palin

Obama - 94% Palin - 3% [[That is an amazing landside, Folks in Alaska will vote for her.)

If Obama verses Gingrich

Obama - 56% Gingrch - 41%

If Obama verses McCain

Obama - 59% McCain - 36%

If Obama versus Trump

Obama - 96% Trump - 1% [[That would be a historical landslide)

Republicans, you all can do better than that! You need NEW LEADERSHIP not same old people. Americans are sick and tired of seeing and hearing yesterday's news coming from has-been NEO-CONS. This conservative candidate has clean cut between John F. Kennedy and Barrack Obama. And it doesn't need to look like Richard Nixon Ronald Reagan or George Bush.
    Last edited by Danny; May-26-11 at 01:00 PM.

Prediction. Palin will not run. Take it to the bank.

But who does she hate enough to endorse? LOL!

That's bad news. The comedy she could provide would help me endure some of the hardest economic times.

All candidates for the office of POTUS but especially Repubs should know the difference between the constitution and the declaration of independence. I don't think Herman Cain does

http://www.politifact.com/georgia/st...e-language-co/

I'm sure there will be a Presidential Election in 2012 Danny - so your "if" will become a reality.
    But they're kind of childish predictions you make based on nothing but bravado. Someone with a contrary bravado could make the same predictions in verse [[ly) and be just as right. We shall see. [[My only hope is that Palin remains in the public eye throughout because she's brilliant at pissing the Dems off and getting in their face).
    Last edited by coracle; May-29-11 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    My only hope is that Palin remains in the public eye throughout because she's brilliant at pissing the Dems off and getting in their face.
    Yeah thats a good quality to have to be president. Hell, who needs knowledge, when you can just piss people off.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast