Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Your First Job

Hybrid View

My first job was as a dishwasher at Red lobster in Westland, circa 1978. It was in the winter, and I walked home from work soaking wet. It sucked. I only stayed there two weeks, long enough to buy a leather jacket and then I was onto bigger and better things. Pumping gas.

Default First job

Had paper routes with both News and Free Press. First real job was working a the Red Barn on Eight Mile by Ryan in Warren. First job after high school was parking cars in a parking lot down the street from the Michigan Theatre until I went into the Navy in 1967.

Started babysitting when I was 10, area residents thought I was older.

First real job, I was 14 and was a dietary aide at Deaconess hospital, summer job. Took the bus, think I made $1.35 an hr. Bus fare was 35 cents.

Then I worked at a local coney island after school. To this day, hate hot dogs.