Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Has anything been said about this since LeDuff's original story? I'm wondering if Warfield is going to ride this out.

citylover Guest

Why is it necessary to bring Catholic Priests into this discussion.It is so unfortunate that so may threads on this forum quickly have misinformation and hostility interjected, often having nothing to to do with the topic at hand.

I was born Catholic.I can not remember the last time I went to church.The church treated my family horribly regarding our Mother's memorial service; and this was a church/parish that my family goes back to the early 20th century.......so I am not defending anything except the idea of not letting our, yours and mine personal prejudices and distortions dictate what to write here.

On the subject at hand, do Detroit baptist Ministers run the city? I mean that seriously as they certainly wield considerable power.

Who the hell is this LeDuff guy? What a weirdo!

Citylover, you should resist making things about yourself. Your experience over your Mother's "memorial service" [[normally referred to by Carholics as the Funeral Mass) wasn't germane.

Quote Originally Posted by citylover View Post
    Why is it necessary to bring Catholic Priests into this discussion.It is so unfortunate that so may threads on this forum quickly have misinformation and hostility interjected, often having nothing to to do with the topic at hand.
    It was brought up to compare the lifestyles of Ministers like Warfield and those of Catholic priests in the Archdiocese of Detroit. Some have tried to lump them all together as living lavishly, and even went so far as to erroneously cite the "Vow of Poverty" in an effort to paint Catholic priests as hypocrites. Others chimed in to clarify.

The church treated my family horribly regarding our Mother's memorial service; and this was a church/parish that my family goes back to the early 20th century.......so I am not defending anything except the idea of not letting our, yours and mine personal prejudices and distortions dictate what to write here.
    Am I the only one that sees the irony in this part of your post? "Let's not allow personal prejudices interfere here, but allow me a moment express my personal resentment toward the Catholic church.".

Struck me funny. That's all.

On the subject at hand, do Detroit baptist Ministers run the city? I mean that seriously as they certainly wield considerable power.
    "Run the city" might be an overstatement, but they probably wield more power than they should. A great amount of the city's voters follow their lead. So it seems politicians want their support. So, it further seems politicians cow tow to them all too often.

citylover Guest

How in the hell can we can compare what we don't know?I don't know the lifestyle of a priest I am not one_ to say they live lavishly is to show ignorance and further to say something about poverty vows shows more ignorance so how can comments be made about life style when those commenting don't know anything to begin with.

My personal comment on the church was to show that I was not a cheerleader for the church Prejudice means one is judging prior to investigation.My long gone anger toward the church or more accurately one church was based on that churches shabby treatment of a grieving family

Ministers in Detroit do wield a lot of power.Sad but true. The day I'd let a pastor to tell me how to vote would be the day I resign as an american.

Thought I would inject a nice story though. A neighbor lady had a fire in her home. Her insurance didn't cover all the damage. Congregation put her up and raised money to help fix all damages. So there are real churches that do real community services.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2