Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Will the coffee shop part open later than 4pm? I get off work around 4:30. What would the tenants above say when they smell breakfast early in the morning coming from the restaurant. I hope that the hours will be longer in the summer but it is a breakfast house.
    From what I understand, as of now, they can open at 7 and have to be closed by 4. Its not the smells...the kitchen is vented out the back. its the noise ...etc from having a restaurant running under your apartment. personally, I'd say don't live above a restaurant if that is going to bother you..but I didnt write the lease.

I am not fond of chain and franchise breakfast places like IHOP, Original Pancake House, Denny's, etc. These are my favorite places I can get to in less than 15 minutes from home. They are not fancy or "upscale" they just serve a great breakfast at a price that won't make you cringe....

Janet's Lunch
    Motown Grill
    Clique
    Harvard Grill
    Harry's
    Country Inn

Louie's at Eastern Market has a great breakfast and they are open on Sunday. I have to say also that Honest John's breakfast is very good. Just wish they served tea and not that flavored orange peel crap.

Fryar, you bring up some good points. I think you were spot on when you mentioned the looks of the place as it appeared more casual at first glance. Hope i didn't offend you or anyone else who enjoyed the place. I would have liked to sample any of the choices you mentioned but as I stated I would have felt rude and out of place being underdressed in such a formal setting...
    Last edited by Dbest; February-02-11 at 05:37 PM.

DetroitDad Guest

Hehe, I hear Subway on Grand Circus Park serves breakfast now, as dos Pot Belly in the Ren Cen. Anyone know if Jimmy Johns followed suit [[never been)?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideQT View Post
    I am not fond of chain and franchise breakfast places like IHOP, Original Pancake House, Denny's, etc. These are my favorite places I can get to in less than 15 minutes from home. They are not fancy or "upscale" they just serve a great breakfast at a price that won't make you cringe....

Janet's Lunch
    Motown Grill
    Clique
    Harvard Grill
    Harry's
    Country Inn
    I agree with you. Most of the local unfranchised restaurants gives you more on your plate. They don't have the rules and stipulations on them as franchised restaurants do. I love the Village Grille in Grosse Pointe. Sometimes I go deep into the neighborhood and eat at the Houston Grille on Gratiot and Fischer

We are Friday regulars at the Motown Cafe Grille on Cadillac Square, and can attest to their inexpensive yet tasty fare. They also do a great lunch business, but are closed on Sundays for some reason. The only time I could get the family down there is on Sunday, and I feel that they are missing out on some potential apartment building and sports events business.

And I'm glad for the new business on Woodward - keep the prices in check and we might make up a two breakfast a week plan!
    Last edited by DetroitScooter; February-03-11 at 11:39 AM.

I agree with you. Most of the local unfranchised restaurants gives you more on your plate. They don't have the rules and stipulations on them as franchised restaurants do. I love the Village Grille in Grosse Pointe. Sometimes I go deep into the neighborhood and eat at the Houston Grille on Gratiot and Fischer
    I went to the Village Grille for lunch a couple of days ago...they did a beautiful job remodeling.

It would be nice if a Waffle House open in that spot
    I'm holding out for the Cheesecake Factory. BTW I was forced to eat at a Cheesecake factory over the Christmas Holiday. We ain't missing out on anything by not having them here. All it is is Friday's with dessert!

ROTFL! Yeah, some of the dives can be quite good with a lower grime factor... LOL! And some of the so-called posh spots have 'hidden' grime!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    God I love greasy spoons! I just hate dirty forks.

Thank you for that listing... I'll have to check 'em out!
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideQT View Post

Janet's Lunch
    Motown Grill
    Clique
    Harvard Grill
    Harry's
    Country Inn

The Detroit Breakfast House was the most uptight pretentious place I have ever frequented. I was asked to take of my hat....the effrontery!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2