Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Anyone notice? It's feeling pretty old around here...

I don't know if it's all the talk of young people leaving the state, but it seems like the crowd around here in Metro Detroit just keeps getting older and older. I made a trip out to the 'burbs today and it seemed like I was the only adult under 30. Sure, there were a few families with kids here and there, but the vast majority of people I came across were 65 and older. I'm not just talking about the people in the stores, but many of the workers as well, people out on the roads, etc.

Anyways, it got me thinking... how are the remaining young folks going to support the elderly when they can longer afford the cost of supporting themselves? There are a few parts of the Metro that are holdouts for the youthful, but mostly a lot of old people. The lack of young people makes me worry about planting roots and raising a family here.
    Last edited by BrushStart; January-30-11 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Edited to make it less disrespectful and more on par with my belief that old people are valuable members of society.