Last night I noticed that there are many changes occurring on Woodward. First, on lower Woodward many of the storefronts on the west side of the street have been totally cleaned up, the spaces are cleared out, and the lights were all on for more than a block. There is similar activity happening on the east side of lower Woodward. As I made my way north to Union Street Grille, I noticed that there was work going on in two of the storefronts on Woodward just south of Alexandrine in Midtown. In, fact there was a construction crew in there when I went by at 8:00pm. I also noticed that YOBS looks very clean, and polished, even more so than a few weeks ago. It seems like the only thing they have left to do is stock the shelves. I'm guessing that they open relatively soon. There were a few other things going on along Woodward as well, but I can't remember specifically. So, my question is, what is going on? Are these places being prepped for new businesses, or is the renovation work being driven by the expectation of light rail?