Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Danny, do you have a link to the information you are putting out there?
    By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
    Last edited by Danny; January-31-11 at 08:56 AM.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    By using the El Dorado Atmospheric and Oceanic temperatures thermal map. I caculated the contrary direction where the polar jet stream is going and it didn't look pretty.
    This is probably my favorite post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    There's a 50/50 chance.
    NO, there's a 90-10 chance.

Nice job Danny. You predicted this storm before any of the local talking heads. Get the news you need first, right here at DetroitYes!

I am just thankful we have not been hit hard... yet!

Weather Channel now showing 12-18" for Detroit Tue PM....followed by high winds on Wed. Time to cover the petunias.

Wow. They are now predicting a 2100 mile long swath of 12"+ snow, starting in Oklahoma City moving north to Chicago then bending east and passing over Detroit and Lake Eire before moving out to sea at Boston. This is a monster storm.

To the south ice storms and further south thunderstorms and possible tornadoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Weather Channel now showing 12-18" for Detroit Tue PM....followed by high winds on Wed. Time to cover the petunias.
    Is this from their website? TWC Local on the Eights just now reported 1" Tue PM and 5-8" Wednesday.

Bad storm, no doubt that.

Watching it on cable on the weather channel.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Is this from their website? TWC Local on the Eights just now reported 1" Tue PM and 5-8" Wednesday.

Bad storm, no doubt that.
    Not sure what you are watching but i just saw the local weather on the weather channel and they said 8-12 tuesday night along with 1-2 tonight and 1 inch during the day on tuesday

Now TWC's Weather on the Eights is reporting 1-2" tonight, 1" Tue, 5-8" Tue PM.

The forecast has been changing constantly [[oxymoron?). I think they're having trouble predicting this one.

Saw that on weather channel too, 8-12". One could see where predicting on the high end could be good for their ratings. Right now they are having an orgasm on the weather channel, kind of like when they have a hurricane. lol.

Their forecast must vary locally. We're splitting hairs, I suppose.

It's going to be nasty no matter the details.

At work they are counting on a huge storm, and planning how to get 2 papers out during a massive storm.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Now TWC's Weather on the Eights is reporting 1-2" tonight, 1" Tue, 5-8" Tue PM.

The forecast has been changing constantly [[oxymoron?). I think they're having trouble predicting this one.
    I think even if we get the worst of what they are talking about we are better off then some states a bit further south where all the ice and freezing rain is expected. Power outages + extreme cold can be very bad

Hopefully midwest cities get to plowing the streets early. It started snowing here in Illinois around 7 or 8. Already the streets need clearing and it's still 24 hours before the big one. Right now snow fall looks beautiful out though. I plan to photograph the hell part later.

Last edited by wolverine; February-01-11 at 01:27 AM.

Y'know- if there's something that we can do about it, then let's do it. But for most of the general population, it's just common advice to get up earlier, drive slower and be a helluva lot more patient. Bitching about Mother Nature's about as useless as spitting into the wind. She's on her way and she's gonna dump on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Y'know- if there's something that we can do about it, then let's do it. But for most of the general population, it's just common advice to get up earlier, drive slower and be a helluva lot more patient. Bitching about Mother Nature's about as useless as spitting into the wind. She's on her way and she's gonna dump on us.
    You're absolutely right...there's only two things we can do about the weather...1) talk about it...2) wait for it to change. because it will.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideQT View Post
    You're absolutely right...there's only two things we can do about the weather...1) talk about it...2) wait for it to change. because it will.
    It's mornings like this where I wish I had a massive snow plow and I wish I could do some good with it. But I also trust those guys behind the big rig who know what the hell they're doing to. I'd like to think they've got some pre-ordained path, know the routes that need to be done and can effectively clear off the roads.

Sidewalks, roofs & other areas? Send the neighborhood kids over who want to make a few bucks. I'm all for sitting back and encouraging capitalism with them.

Beautiful pictures wolverine. Thanks for sharing them. This storm has already become the most highly anticipated weather event in recent memory. This feels like waiting for a hurricane. Will it be a category 1 or 5? Even the Mark Twain quote about the weather, "Everybody's talking about, nobody is doing anything about it," isn't quite true. It seem everybody everywhere is prepping.

Blizzard warning starts at 7 PM.

Snowpocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Snowpocalypse!
    Almighty, this is PBR Streetgang. Being faced with reporter talking too loud [[like she is in a hurricane) about doing calisthenics when you're stranded. This is Detroit, we know what snow is. Call in the airstrike at shrill reporter's location, over.

Due to the enconomy in the Detroit area.....the blizzard has been down graded to a dusting.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post

For most normal weather situations that's ok. For this storm, as its already proving to be, is one you should probably just not mess with and chill at home til its over

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Thanks for sharing your expertise with us and keeping us warned of the pending storm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast