Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: paging Ray1936

For christmas a couple years ago,I gave all family members the LED Maglite's. Those are some nice lights, even in daylight looking into darker places!
    One of my favorite flashlights is a standard AAA Maglite with a NiteIze LED upgrade kit.
    I also have a Coast LED Lenser V, It is a super bright light, But will eat the batteries quicker than the Mag's

Default Fitz

Ray, just curious if you knew or worked with John "Jack" Fitzpatrick. He served from '68 until his untimely death by a drunk driver in '87 on duty? He was in the TSS at the time. He was a cousin of mine. Thanks.

Ferndale, once again, I have to plead ignorance. I'm sure we crossed paths many times, but the name escapes me.

Thought y'all might like to see my latest photo. Pleased to note that my angiogram yesterday showed no blockages. Doc suggested it because my stress test showed some minor irregularities.
    Last edited by Ray1936; August-01-10 at 08:25 PM.

Looking good!

I hope you are handling the rain without problems. This is the kind of weather that tests the city planners, or so I'm told. I just know that the Detroit civil engineers were sure that water would run up hill if it concentrated. Hopefully your area was left with some natural washes to hold the rain until the ground can take it all in.

The name James Bannon came up on the Himelhoch's thread. I'm sure you'll recall that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    The name James Bannon came up on the Himelhoch's thread. I'm sure you'll recall that one.
    Yup, worked directly for him for a number of years. Good man, although he really sucked up to Coleman. I think he wanted the top job, but he had a handicap, being white. He and his wife were in the society upper-echelons, which they seemed to enjoy greatly. He asked me once to re-write his resume to send to Los Angeles when they were seeking a new Chief of Police. I asked him why he wanted that Chief's job. He said, "I don't want the job. I just want a free trip to LA."

Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie68 View Post
    Looking good!

I hope you are handling the rain without problems. This is the kind of weather that tests the city planners, or so I'm told. I just know that the Detroit civil engineers were sure that water would run up hill if it concentrated. Hopefully your area was left with some natural washes to hold the rain until the ground can take it all in.
    We got more rain this week [[1.67 inches) than we did all last year [[1.57 inches). Figures from today's Review-Journal. The washes, normally dry, were roaring rivers yesterday. Only two rescues though, which is a very low figure. Lot of homeless folks camp in the dry wash tunnels, and when the washes fill, they fill suddenly causing a lot of human flotsam.

My house is at the 3,000 foot level, over a thousand feet higher than the Las Vegas valley. Good drainage, thus, no problems on my home front.

Hey Ray1936, Drop me a line at collie_mom AT comcast DOT net . I have a Hudson's brick I'd like to donate to your collection!

Back to Rays page and threadjacking again. Ragtop , I have a Coast led light, It was bright a s hell. But as you say it eats batteries and if you don't take them out needless to say its history.Didn't like my LED refit for my Mini Mag, Light never did hold a constant beam.
    Ray good news on that test, Needless to say, To me I thought it looked like an outline of a bird.

Thanks, reddog. Since my kid brother dropped dead of a heart attack in December, I figured I'd better get a complete physical. Fortunately, doc says I'm in fine shape for an old fart. Here's me and my kid brother in 1945...view look familiar?

That's a touching picture Ray, sorry your little brother is no longer with us.

Here's a new entry to my cop light collection, a Bianchi B lite. It takes 6D batteries. From 1977 I think, note the similar head design to the Mag Lite that came out two years later.

Ray, I'm sorry for your loss, from the pic you posted it appears your role of protector started early.

In the DY tradtion of picking apart photos. I'll give my take on your photo.

- eastern edge of Belle Isle
    - yr 1947
    - time late morning
    - month October
    - The hats tell me the temp was in the low 40s, the wave say a stiff wind is at your back
    - The MayWest says that your parents were safety first folks
    - The jodhers[[?), fedora and rakeish jacket says you were a clothes horse

How wrong was I?

LOL, gnome.....but okay, I'll take your hunches one at a time.

-- Eastern edge of Belle Isle. Correct. We went there a lot.
    -- yr 1947. Close enough. I think it was about 1945, based on Dave's size.
    -- time late morning. What little sun there is appears to be behind my left shoulder, which would put it sse. So you're likely right.
    -- Month October. Naw, I think it's into winter, at least.
    -- Temp low 40s, wind at back. I'd not argue that one a bit.
    -- Mae West. Naw, that's just my jacket bunched up over my shoulders a bit.
    -- johdpurs. Well, they were just called knickers back then. I never did like them, but I guess mom thought they were the cat's ass.
    -- clothes horse. Well, I've always tried to look neat, but I'd not call myself a clothes horse. I'll settle for donkey.

Over all, pretty good eye!

Quote Originally Posted by CountrySquire View Post
    Here's a new entry to my cop light collection, a Bianchi B lite. It takes 6D batteries. From 1977 I think, note the similar head design to the Mag Lite that came out two years later.
    I dunno, squire...for a collection, it's a gem. But for practical use, I think I'd end up with a hernia after a couple years.......

lol - I was refering to Dave's MaeWest ... I agree with your mom, those knickers were the cat's ass, gonna get myself a pair or two. I love the hand-on-hip pose ... very Douglas Fairbanks-esque.

Oh, one last thing, if you think the temps were in the 40s and it was winter ... that's proof you've been in Vegas toooo long.

You think the B lite was big, check out my Kel Lite 7D. It's a monster!

Needs a set of wheels, I think.
    Here's the one I keep by my desk. Love that color.

Sorry to hear about your brother Ray,I lost my"Older Brother" 15 yrs ago, His siblings got physicals right after, Told me I needed one. I was lazy and didn't do it. Needless to say 10 years later I was in the Hospital getting fluid sucked away from my heart.
    I never got no pictures of my heart like you got, Yet I am facinated by the echo /doppler machine, Lay there and watch, Ask QUESTIONS.
    I guessed right on the location of the photo. BELLE ISLE.and I haven't heard the term "Mae West" in a while.
    Never thought so many subjects would be brought up by paging Ray1936.

Ray, I am sorry to read of your loss. May happy memories of your brother be a comfort to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3