New to the forum, I have had a great time poring through the posts, revisiting places and memories. I have been assembling a family history for some time, and the Internet is a huge resource. I am hoping that some of the posters here with long memories and a mind for minutae can jog my memory

I was raised [[from the early 60's) in the University District, although we did not call it that, then; I remember it as either Golf Club or Golf Park. As a young adult, I migrated to the east side, following the lure of the river and Lake St. Clair.

On the southeast corner of Curtis and Livernois was a small grocery store, which I remember chiefly for the barrel of excellent kosher dill pickles. Can anyone tell me the name of that store?

Across the street, north of Curtis on the west side of Livernois, across from the fire station, was a small soda fountain where we bought comics and candy. Again, I need help with the name.

I would be happy to discuss any other aspect of the history of the old neighborhood, as well.