Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    gdogslim Guest

Default Jenny Granholmes Goes to Beserkley to teach - How to create jobs

Just where she belongs, the most liberal college campus in the country.
    How ironic.
    "The 51-year-old two-term Democrat told POLITICO in an interview that her new work will revolve around the interrelated themes she emphasized as governor: creating jobs, reviving American manufacturing and expanding the clean energy economy [cue the laugh track - DP]."
    http://michellemalkin.com/2011/01/24...t-uc-berkeley/

I guess Michigan Blew her Away instead.
    If you can't, teach.
    If you can't teach, teach teaching.

So she is "abandoning" the state because she is teaching for a semester at her alma mater?

I could undertand if she ditched the state by moving to Washington to work as a lobbyist for a manufacturing group whose lobbying efforts have cost the state of Michigan thousands of jobs... I can understand if conservatives bitched about a former governor doing that...

Already on the front page dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    I love how some seem to enjoy heaping all the responsibility on Granholm for the economy. Does the Legislature bear no responsibility? or the fact that the bottom dropped out of the national economy during her administration?

She was hardly the best Governor we have had, but she certainly hasn't been the worst.

Now we have the "wondernerd" for Governor. It's been 3 weeks since he took office - why isn't the economy booming yet?!
    I don't know how you get your first paragraph based on what I wrote. Of course she isn't personally responsible for everything that happened in the economy or in Lansing. Only an idiot would look at things that simplistically. I wrote nothing of the sort. Please don't create strawman arguments.

She was however, a terrible leader at a time of crisis when we clearly needed strong leadership. She was an utter failure in that regard, as a Governor, and I'm very glad to see her go.

gdogslim Guest

i didn't see it. i assumed it would be a non detroit thread, well, since it is non detroit.

Vox Guest

And slim, your spelling sucks.

gdogslim Guest

What word were you referring to??
    Beserkley ? or Granholmes ? because that was on purpose, dope.
    Last edited by gdogslim; January-25-11 at 02:46 PM.

She wasn't a particularly good governor, but she lived in the state for over 20 years. How long would she have had to stay around to be "committed"? Her husband is from Michigan, and I wouldn't be surprised if they came back--this Berkeley thing is clearly a short-term gig. On the other hand, what is wrong with moving when you're making a career change?

For all it's worth, Engler packed up the family and his belongings and moved to Virginia after he left the job. As for the five years you will be blown away statement well it only proves that politicians will say anything to create fake buzz.

She needs a job, and apparently it's her alma mater. What are you gonna do. This just steps into an open wound in Michigan.

She needs a job,
    I doubt that. I'm sure she has many millions stashed away. There are people who 'need' jobs. She ain't one of 'em.

lilpup Guest

For the typically uninformed anti-Granholmites: 1) Cal-Berkeley is her alma mater 2) She has been renting in Lansing since moving out of the Governor's Mansion so there is no house to sell holding her down 3) She has stated she is looking for a residence to purchase in Michigan 4) She plans to teach Berkeley folks what can be learned from Michigan's "canary in the coalmine" experiences so that someone outside of Michigan has a fucking clue about what's economically important.
    Last edited by lilpup; January-25-11 at 04:04 PM.

I love the English professors on this site.

Snyder won't do any better if the legislature doesn't go along with his plans.
    Republicans have all the cards now. No excuses.
    Granholm was screwed from the day she took office by Big John. He lack of interest in fixing roads
    and a lot of other things left her holding a bag of do do with no money to turn things around.
    Where has the Fat Boy [[got him out of the service) been by the way all these years anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    What word were you referring to??
    Beserkley ? or Granholmes ? because that was on purpose, dope.
    Still wrong. It would be "Berserkley".

P.S. Name calling is against the rules, pursuant to Rules of Participation, Article 1.

She left Canada a long long time ago and the Canadians don't deserve that comment anyways . For those of you who blame everything wrong with Michigan on Granholm including big businesses moving some of their operations to another country to escape high union wages and benefits , just like the President , the Governor is term limited to two consecutive terms , there is no law say she can't skip a term and run for office again lol !

I don't blame her for what happened on her watch. I blame her more for what didn't happen. Just sayin'.

Would be good for people in California to hear that people in Michigan aren't all a bunch of cornpone hicks slapping together 1960 Corvairs and wanting government loans.

I'm just curious as to what Granholm was supposed to do about the loss of manufacturing jobs... Was she supposed to repeal NAFTA? Was she supposed to renogotiate the unfair trade agreements that the U.S. has with China and other penny-labor nations? Was she supposed to single-handedly fix the Big 3? Was she supposed to make the economy better in the rest of the world so people would buy more cars?

I mean seriously...

Well, is she leaving MI because she can't find a good job here? Or any job at that?

I can see how this would leave a very bad taste in the mouths of many.

Why would anyone want to stay around here if they had the money to leave? It's very congruent with Detroit flight. There is haves and have nots in MI. She is a have and should have stayed and stewed in her own "accomplisments" with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    For all it's worth, Engler packed up the family and his belongings and moved to Virginia after he left the job.
    He had that gig lined up before he left office. He was out of here before the Rose Bowl parade started that day.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Well, is she leaving MI because she can't find a good job here? Or any job at that?
    Uh dumbass. She is teaching for her alma mater... Just about every college graduate would kill to teach at their alma mater. This has nothing to do with the economy. Only a moron would think it has any connection...

Quote Originally Posted by hudkina View Post
    Uh dumbass. She is teaching for her alma mater... Just about every college graduate would kill to teach at their alma mater. This has nothing to do with the economy. Only a moron would think it has any connection...
    ok, here it is. For your "record" and whatever that is, I have no want to teach for my alma mater. I'm very comfortable saying I speak for more than just myself on that note. A degenerate comment like yours is always expected, but never accepted.

It's her economy as much as she wants to own up to it or not. With 8 years she had more than enough time to impress. Texas has enjoyed a lush economy through stable times or not, yet here MI is with an idle workforce who have no future beyond batteries. If she comes back, than good for her and I expected the less.

Lemme know when you pick out your cottage in:

Detroit
    Flint
    Pontiac
    Saginaw
    Kalamazoo
    Jackson
    Muskeegon
    Lansing
    Port Huron
    Ecorse
    Ypsi

Then we'll drink all your Zima...... on you of couse Richie Rich.

If the Republican party didn't toss out a turd of a candidate she would have been looking for a job four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    For all it's worth, Engler packed up the family and his belongings and moved to Virginia after he left the job.
    Obviously we have a few on this forum who fail to remember history, as most governors have left the state after their terms expire. But hey, why let facts get into the way of a good bashing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast