With Spring Training a few weeks away, I'm hoping to spark some lively conversation about our Tigers team here this upcoming season. We've lost some very wonderful "family" members in Ernie Harwell and Sparky Anderson this last year, but like any other year- hope springs eternal as our Boys of Summer prepare to play.

I sincerely hope that this thread will have sound discussion, intelligent debate, interesting observations, and keep a reasonable tone. Let's have more than just a "THEY SUCK" mentality- and quite honestly if they do, give us the basis for why you think they suck. If they do well, mention what it is you saw that made you feel good to be a Tigers fan. Want to discuss trade possibilities? Come up with reasonable swaps where it doesn't ridiculously favor the Tigers- the other team has to have some rationale too. Express an opinion or two but be prepared to back it up with some logic, some facts, some stats, and a solid defense of your points.

And if someone disagrees with you, that's fine too. I hope they brought their logic, facts, stats and a solid defense as well. Remember that we're cheering grown men playing a game. It's supposed to be entertaining. I'm no moderator here [[by any stretch of the imagination) but I hope we can have a great season at Comerica Park and I hope we can have some great posts by some great Tigers fans here.

Go Tigers!