Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Volunteer to improve community relations? What? does anyone seriously think that a volunteer dropping by this shooter's house a few weeks ago to "improve police/community relations" would have made a difference?

That is the biggest cop-out [[pardon the pun). This man went in and fired upon police officers because of poor police community relations? Was he a good boy? Did he go to church?

This touchy feely bs has to stop. Crime must not pay. Giant thumbs up to whomever dropped this SOB instead of just wounding him.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    Volunteer to improve community relations? What? does anyone seriously think that a volunteer dropping by this shooter's house a few weeks ago to "improve police/community relations" would have made a difference?
    No but if they had gotten to him as a child before he became jaded, perhaps this would never had happened. Maybe, just maybe we could prevent something like this from happening again. But people like you are content to throw your hands up and say "well thats just the way it is."

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    No but if they had gotten to him as a child before he became jaded, perhaps this would never had happened. Maybe, just maybe we could prevent something like this from happening again. But people like you are content to throw your hands up and say "well thats just the way it is."
    Jaded? How does someone become jaded? I'd like to know how that could be done in the society we live in today. The thug mentality, the "no snitch" attitudes, the pit bull owners, aren't interested in someone coming to the home and teaching them the right ways to interact with the human race. Teaching children how to live and respect other people begins at home, from an adult who has common sense and education. If parents of these children choose to live the lifestyle they do and the children of these people follow suit, the problem will be perpetuated forever.

God bless these officers who were shot by this thug, and kudos to the officer who brought Moore down.

10 in 24 hours.

Detroit, 3
    Washington State, 3
    Indianapolis, 1
    St Petersburg, FL, 2 dead, 1 injured [[just this morning)

A total of 10 officers shot in one week around the country. That's pretty bad and obviously not just a Detroit problem.

" the pit bull owners" - I saw the article yesterday in which the neighbors told about the dog-fighting, the basement covered in blood, the move of the dog-fighters from one house to another across the street. I have to ask - it sounds like no neighbor reported all this criminal activity and drug-dealing to the police, the Humane Society - anything. All of this stuff went on with impunity somehow.

I have to say that this apathy and neighborhood lifestyle is just what i don't want to be "moved" [[relocated) into my neighborhood by the City planners. I would leave, certainly if i had neighbors so pathetic as to put up with that stuff.

>>it would have been better if the shooter had lived to be studied to find out what thoughts and feelings, and or mental dysfunctions precipitated the attack....

And maybe let him go, follow him around.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    " the pit bull owners" - I saw the article yesterday in which the neighbors told about the dog-fighting, the basement covered in blood, the move of the dog-fighters from one house to another across the street. I have to ask - it sounds like no neighbor reported all this criminal activity and drug-dealing to the police, the Humane Society - anything. All of this stuff went on with impunity somehow.

I have to say that this apathy and neighborhood lifestyle is just what i don't want to be "moved" [[relocated) into my neighborhood by the City planners. I would leave, certainly if i had neighbors so pathetic as to put up with that stuff.

I'm guessing it's harder to stand up to a dogfighting ring when your block is surrounded by drug dens and other dog houses and the cops don't respond to your calls. Maybe these kinds of worried neighbors would appreciate relocation? Honestly the people who will be "relocated" will be doing it voluntarily, something I can't see the original investors in a pit bull ring doing if they will be forced into a neighborhood with a functioning community.

"and the cops don't respond to your calls"

I have never reported a serious neighborhood situation to the DPD and not had a response. For example, I had Latin Count car-stripping squatters routed from the house next door by the Gang Squad in July 2008. I admit that I was so afraid of a mistake by the dispatchers [[who are mostly rude and incompetent) that I drove to the SW District, asked to speak to the officer in charge and asked for help, noting that the guys were active on the premises. Then I drove home, unloaded some dummy shopping bags from my car and soon the Gang Squad was there. I also had their facebook pages with me at the SW District so that the range of their anti-social activities could be gauged. If I, a middle-aged white woman could come up with their names and facebook pages,anyone could. I am sure the Latin Counts never put it together.

If you want help you can get help.

Which was the point I was making about Bing's plan so far- he has made a point to say people would only be moving if they chose so, making it a gradual process that would eventually isolate the more vacant areas. Those who want to move will be given incentives, refurbished homes, guaranteed services, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    So we have to wait for 10, 20 years for our efforts to take effect? I'm sorry. We have to deal with the here and now. I AM saying "THAT IS THE WAY IT IS" but I am not throwing up my hands.

Ignoring the present problem and reading Mcgruff Says No to Guns to a 1st grade class is far more of a "throwing up the hands" than facing the current problem head on.

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    So we have to wait for 10, 20 years for our efforts to take effect? I'm sorry. We have to deal with the here and now. I AM saying "THAT IS THE WAY IT IS" but I am not throwing up my hands.

Ignoring the present problem and reading Mcgruff Says No to Guns to a 1st grade class is far more of a "throwing up the hands" than facing the current problem head on.
    Who said anything about ignoring the current problem? Yes we will have to wait 10 to 20 years before that approach to work but ignoring the future problems would be no better than ignoring the current problems. Sorry that there is no instant gratification solution for you and your short ass attention span but this kind of thing takes time. In the mean time we have to deal with these cases as they come up because people 10 to 20 years ago ignored this problem.

Gumby - not sure what method of action you are suggesting. Are you involved personally in "volunteer work to improve police-community relations" as Terryh suggested would be a solution to the crime/violence problems we are currently experiencing? If not, who should do this?

OK, no big conspiracy. He was just pissed off at the system:

Detroit— Just hours before Lamar Moore entered the 6th Precinct with a shotgun and opened fire, police searched his home as part of their investigation into the rape and kidnapping of an underage girl, police sources said.

Although police officials would not speculate for the record on what may have prompted Moore to enter the precinct and start shooting, wounding four officers, sources say investigators were closing in on Moore and had obtained a warrant from a judge to search his home on Quincy Street Sunday.

Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee also pointed out that Moore's relative was sentenced Monday for a double homicide.

"The perpetrator's intent was evil," Godbee said.

Moore, 38, also lost custody of his 4-year-old son last week during a hearing in Wayne Circuit Court's Family Division. In the Jan. 18 hearing, Judge Connie Marie Kelley awarded full custody of the child to Moore's girlfriend, and ordered Moore to pay $57 per month in child support, along with $684 for expenses incurred during his girlfriend's pregnancy. The court gave Moore a $1,250 credit for child support payments he'd already made.
    http://detnews.com/article/20110125/...uspect-in-rape

I believe in the Constitution and justice. But I also believe in putting a hum on the lumpen proletariat [[fancy name for "underclass") when necessary. The so-called "high esteemers" that choose to live off of us, and that includes white collar criminals, need to be instilled with a dose of humility. That might begin in the teen years when kids need to be told [[repeatedly) that they don't qualify for adulthood lifestyles.

Boy, is that ever a challenge to parenting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2