Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default Call center may bring 1,000 jobs to Detroit

"The Better Business Bureau gives General Warranty Services its lowest grade of “F” due to consumer complaints about unwanted sales calls and other issues."

"It is also negotiating with the Michigan Economic Growth Authority for tax incentives."

http://freep.com/article/20090511/NE...obs+to+Detroit

They are scum... I don't know how many times they've called saying that "this is your last notification".... if only it were true..

LodgeDodger Guest

Aren't some of these companies under investigation for such activities?

There are very few call centers that are worth working at unless one is totally desperate. I've worked as an overseas operator for A T and T and it was very, very stressful...and they are far better than these call center places. Generally the turnover is very high, conditions poor and management is awful. I hope this place doesn't end up being like that, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Will fluency in Hindi or Mandarin be required?

MIRepublic Guest

Because, they'll be answering vast majority of calls from India and China, right? I hate it when people try and force a joke to work where it doesn't fit.

They sound like trouble, and it would definitely challenge anyone's belief that any jobs are good jobs, huh?