Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

View Poll Results: Should People Mover Transit Police Force Single Parents to Collapse Their Strollers?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - you're stroller takes up too much space!

12 36.36%
  • No - Detroit should be ENCOURAGING families to come downtown and use mass transit.

20 60.61%
  • Undecided\neutral

1 3.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

I"n San Francisco, there seemed to be more officiousness about it. Signs on seats that barked: "FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES PASSENGERS TO RESERVE THESE SEATS FOR THE ELDERLY OR INFIRM." I never liked that much."

My parents taught me to always give up my seat to a lady or an elderly person. I have always done that and shall continue to do so.

Only thing is, I'm 74, and there ain't many older than me any more.........But I'll still stand for a lady, even a younger one.

It's just the way I grew up.

That's the way it SHOULD BE but a once a year event where people drive 30 miles or more then park and take the PM 6 blocks to look at cars!? They have no idea what courtesy means.
    Try crossing Woodward Ave. in a wheel chair.

Yeah, me too, Ray. But I just hate common courtesy being phrased as some sort of federal command.

Same with me Ray. I'm not sure what happened to common sense and being a gentlemen. My parents taught me to respect my elders, but really I didn't need it....it just makes sense to me. And it's not like I grew up in some different time when men acted the way they're supposed to either, I'm not even 30 yet. I open doors for women at stores or wherever, assist older folks off the bus, etc..... My wife is still awed by the fact that after 6 years together I still open her car door and then close it again when she's in, figurin' I just did it in the beginning to get in her pants lol. But nope [[well, maybe a little), it's just the way I am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2