Hello all!

I work downtown and also use a daycare that's in the building I work at. The building I work at has a People Mover station. Tonight I boarded a people mover train with my 12 month old daughter and went to the auto show. To transport my daughter, her diaper bag, and another insulated bag for carrying food I was using a stroller.

We had a great time and really enjoyed the auto show. However, when we went to board the train at Cobo to return to my workplace I was told by a Transit Police officer that I had to collapse my stroller because the trains were "too crowded".

I explained to the officer in a respectful but bewildered tone that I was the sole parent. I had no one else with me but my 12 month old daughter. I explained to the officer that it was not possible for me to carry the things that my stroller contained:

- My daughter
- Her diaper bag
- Her insulated food container
- Her blanket [[too large to fit in diaper bag)
- Collapsed stroller

The officer did not care. I pointed out to the officer that no one else was even in line at the time and it's not like train crowding would even be an issue [[yes, seriously I was the only one in line at that time). He still did not care.

So I had to set my 12 month old daughter on the floor of the station, remove all my belongings and set those on the ground, collapse the stroller, and then ask for help from perfect strangers to get onto the train because it wasn't possible for me to carry everything.

Once on the train My stroller took up slightly less space, however the breaking mechanism doesn't work in the collapsed position so it was difficult to control from rolling around. However, instead of taking up one seat, I was taking up two seats, one for myself and another for my belongings.

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous for transit police to force single parents to collapse their strollers and attempt to carry their children, belongings, and collapsed stroller?

Does anyone have a contact in the transit department that I could voice my concern to? If so please email me the contact information: MaschAvenue@Gmail.com

Thanks!