Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Also, upon the Real Estate crash there was a significant drop in rental/housing rates throughout the cabbage patch in GPP. This opened the door for significant amounts of Detroiters [[read: Blacks) to enroll their children into GP schooling. So I beg the question: Do migrating detroiters bring problems with them into new areas, or do new areas improve a migrating Detroiters way of life?

In this case, seeing that the victim was 18 years of age, I venture to guess that his environment had little if no impact on him at all. Unless he was a one year transplant.[/QUOTE]

The victim here was not 18 years of age, he was in his 60's and a retired Cop, lets try not to twist the facts, a criminal killed in the commission of a crime is NOT a victim, it's a statistic. I've been walking the planet for 45 plus years, there have been times when I've been broke and there have been times when I was sitting pretty good [[based on my personal efforts and hard work) never once did I pick up a gun and point it at my fellow citizen and say stick em up and gimmie your wallet/purse. Why because I knew it was wrong...... and so did the Perp but he also knew it was easy money so he could sport some bling. Now he's a statistic and he was never a victim.

"Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy's office is investigating the shooting, said her spokeswoman, Maria Miller".

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110120/METRO01/101200398/Grosse-Pointe-teen-ID’d-as-fatality-in-alleged-robbery#ixzz1BahqCy8P

I sure hope this is a clear case of self defense and the victims gun was properly registered so they don't try and charge the victim adding insult to injury

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Sorry, Danny.

It is more like, some rich school's promising sports star gave up on his future and returned to his roots, and the former officer sealed the deal.

There is NO reason to assume he was some rich kid, or even a child of anyone rich. You need to bone up on sports recruitment practises. You can be guaranteed someone will after this story grows as big as it should.
    Either way That kid got what he deserves, his decision to gave up the rich life for thug life.

I wonder if Ron Scott will come out and defend the dead thug?

Quote Originally Posted by Proslack View Post
    How did you draw this conclusion? This is just a bizarre comment based off of absolutely nothing.
    Based on experience living in the district. My neighbor has done the same thing. Mom moved in from Detroit after a breakup; when son completed junior high, he came to stay with mom to attend GP high school. As we see now, the dead student moved in with a grandparent to get away from trouble at home in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    "Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy's office is investigating the shooting, said her spokeswoman, Maria Miller".

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110120/METRO01/101200398/Grosse-Pointe-teen-ID’d-as-fatality-in-alleged-robbery#ixzz1BahqCy8P

I sure hope this is a clear case of self defense and the victims gun was properly registered so they don't try and charge the victim adding insult to injury
    Or... what if the kid didn't actually threaten the guy? What if he was just looking to get someone to score him some booze. Maybe he came up on the guy too quickly and Mr. Itchy trigger finger shot first? Just being devils advocate here.

Or it could have been a gang initiation for him to rob someone. Devil's advocate here too.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Or it could have been a gang initiation for him to rob someone. Devil's advocate here too.
    Sure. My point is people are very quick to condemn here... and I think the language the reports keep using is really odd. the kid "demanded a personal item"? That is very carefully worded. no mention of weapon on kid or threat made by kid. Just the demand. IIRC there is no law against demanding someone give you something. it's the threat of harm that is the crime. Maybe Pops was a little jumpy about a black youth asking him for bus fare?

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Sure. My point is people are very quick to condemn here... and I think the language the reports keep using is really odd. the kid "demanded a personal item"? That is very carefully worded. no mention of weapon on kid or threat made by kid. Just the demand. IIRC there is no law against demanding someone give you something. it's the threat of harm that is the crime. Maybe Pops was a little jumpy about a black youth asking him for bus fare?
    Several news stories reported that Hudson was armed and that he pointed a gun at the victim. That's enough to get you killed whether you demand anything or not.

Hey Bailey [[not being devils advocate here, just stating facts...for the record the article said quote "the Armed man demanded a personal item". Doesn't matter what the item was, the perp had a gun so I don't think he was very ambiguous in his intentions. He drew a gun on a veteran cop - at that point it was all training and instinct, that accounts for why so many shots were fired. Why are so many people trying to make more of this than what it is - a bad actor went down as an occupational hazard, the fact that he was in High school and playing football has NOTHING to do with it. He made a personal choice just like every other criminal on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
    Hey Bailey [[not being devils advocate here, just stating facts...for the record the article said quote "the Armed man demanded a personal item". Doesn't matter what the item was, the perp had a gun so I don't think he was very ambiguous in his intentions. He drew a gun on a veteran cop - at that point it was all training and instinct, that accounts for why so many shots were fired. Why are so many people trying to make more of this than what it is - a bad actor went down as an occupational hazard, the fact that he was in High school and playing football has NOTHING to do with it. He made a personal choice just like every other criminal on the planet.
    ha. reading is fundamental. maybe I read an earlier version, but I could have sworn it failed to mention the kid was armed. IIRC, he was "said to have had a gun" it seemed like it was up in the air as to whether or not he actually did have one.
    Last edited by bailey; January-20-11 at 02:15 PM.

You may have read one of the 1st reports that may have omitted that fact. Cops take the use of deadly force seriously and gun in hand of a perp is the quickest way to to find out.

sad... more young people need to be reached so that they don't turn to the crime culture, which can bring drastic consequences..

Or... what if the kid didn't actually threaten the guy? What if he was just looking to get someone to score him some booze. Maybe he came up on the guy too quickly and Mr. Itchy trigger finger shot first? Just being devils advocate here.
    Hey devil's advocates. What if the veteran cop didn't have his firearm? What if it was me or someone else who doesn't carry a gun? Would we still be playing devil's advocate? This boy was armed and no excuse can vindicate him?

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Hey devil's advocates. What if the veteran cop didn't have his firearm? What if it was me or someone else who doesn't carry a gun? Would we still be playing devil's advocate? This boy was armed and no excuse can vindicate him?
    yeah.. i got it. i had read an earlier article that was a little vague on whether the kid was armed or not. Simmer down. The altercation ended with the right guy dead.

yeah.. i got it. i had read an earlier article that was a little vague on whether the kid was armed or not. Simmer down. The altercation ended with the right guy dead.
    Even if the boy wasn't armed we have to remember this was a 65 year old man. These young folks don't have any respect for their elders so they have no problem targeting a 65 year old. Take that young punk who raped that 91 year old grandmother. No respect and I can understand if a older person takes a defensive stand against these punks even if that means deadly force.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Doesn't this depend upon the migrating Detroiter in question?
    No, Detroiters [[read: black people) are one generic group that can be generalized easily in this region. Now just don't try the same thing with other races or ethnicities then people will be up in arms.

Having had the chance to encounter these types of perpetrators in my line of employment he would have just been another Nate Abraham had this incident turned out another way.He chose to do what he did and the consequences were obviously more than he thought was going to happen to him.In this day and age and this being a "shall issue" State, anyone that is a law abiding citizen can get a Concealed Pistol License.The perpetrator just chose the wrong person to rob.A retired police officer.End of story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3