Like most on this forum, I am puzzled by the lack of transit between Metro Airport and Downtown; especially during the Auto Show. For example, I am flying in to town from Washington on Saturday morning and have no way to get downtown that does not involve an expensive cab [[it seems from the SMART website that the 202 bus does not run on Saturdays). How can this be?

Though I can rant for pages about how Detroit needs a light rail link from downtown to the airport [[a logical first step ala Minneapolis – and better than M1); that is a pipe dream when the Woodward Line can’t even break ground. However, why can’t there be even basic bus service? Or simply a shuttle running from the Airport to Cobo during the Auto Show?? [[2 weeks a year).

Nevertheless, I am searching for answers. Is there anything to do that does not involve renting a car or taking a cab? I have priced both and the cheapest is $40.

I am staying at the Book Cadillac and unlike functioning cities there is no airport shuttle, so that is out of the question too….I just called and checked.

To conclude; this is yet another reason why people do not want to do business in this city. Basic, logical services are not offered. Who wants to put a HQ downtown when every employee that flies out needs to use an expensive car service? Who wants to have a conference here when the participants can’t get there? Why not go to Chicago when the EL does the job for $2.25. Sorry to rant, it’s just frustrating when I try to help by spending money [[for bars and food, not cabs) in the city and can’t even get there.