Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    ... Ecumenical Catholics have taken over the Cathedral.
    Beautiful building and I'm glad to see that someone is taking care of it. But let no one be misled, these people are NOT Catholic. They support concepts and doctrine that is in direct opposition to the Catholic Church. Just be careful. Just because someone uses the name "Catholic" does not mean they are.

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    Beautiful building and I'm glad to see that someone is taking care of it. But let no one be misled, these people are NOT Catholic. They support concepts and doctrine that is in direct opposition to the Catholic Church. Just be careful. Just because someone uses the name "Catholic" does not mean they are.
    Check out their websites. They make no claim to be a part of the corrupt Roman Catholic Church. They actually adhere to some of the more ancient Catholic doctrines, and reject some of the modern ones like celibacy that Catholics are led to believe were always in place.

I understand that the rule of celibacy was mandated as a practical matter. Priest's families and inheritors often had a hard time distinguishing what properties and incomes belonged to the man and what belonged to the Church. Also, there was always that strong admonition from St. Paul that a married man must serve his wife and unmarried man can serve God [[first).
    Anyway, St. Anthony will be a good little laboratory. Interesting to see if the Pastor, having already quit one job, sticks this one out.
    Last edited by SWMAP; January-23-11 at 02:45 PM.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Check out their websites. They make no claim to be a part of the corrupt Roman Catholic Church. They actually adhere to some of the more ancient Catholic doctrines, and reject some of the modern ones like celibacy that Catholics are led to believe were always in place.
    I'm missing the part where she said "Catholic Church." She said "Catholic." Big difference, to many of us.

As a priest of the ECCC, and Vicar-General for New Zealand, I must take issue with you saying we are not Catholic. We are not Roman Catholic, but we are Catholic. The Roman church does not have a monopoly on the title "Catholic". There are Old Catholics, Anglo-Catholics, Greek Catholics, Orthodox Catholics, Melkite Catholics, Syrian Catholics, etc etc. Not all are in communion with the Holy See, and yet are recognized as having valid orders and sacraments. Perhaps you should study your church history before you make the remarks you have made.