Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Very sad story...

I agree that this is upsetting.
    In a perfect world, we would also have perfect cops too.
    Unfortunately, we live in a world where there is a lot of gray
    and thing aren't always in black in white.
    This does seem a shame because it was a property crime being committed.
    I've never had a problem with cops but some people have and that's unfortunate.
    This guy seemed to be doing his job right and that makes this situation
    hard to swallow.

I have been a Livonia Resident for many years, and am the daughter of a 30+ year veteran Detroit Police Officer. I have other relatives and friends who are also officers. It is easy to play arm chair quaterback, but unless you are or have been in law enforcement, you have no idea what it is like. Say a prayer for the fallen officer and his family. He put his life on the line every time he put his uniform on and went to work. Thank God for people like him, who put others before themselves. He made the ultimate sacrifice, May he Rest in Peace.
    Last edited by detroitbred; January-18-11 at 10:23 AM. Reason: error