Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
Here's what DPS put on its website

http://dpsschoolconstruction.org/denby-high-school/

Construction Complete: Fall 2011
The $16.5 renovation of Denby High School includes the construction of a new commons area for student dining and other activities. A portion of the existing dining area will be re-purposed to provide adequate kitchen, serving, and delivery / receiving areas. The remaining space will be renovated to create a new multi-purpose area designed for use as a senior high school student dining room and as meeting space for student clubs and organizations. The media center will be repurposed to include two computer labs, a small group room, and a team room. The upper level of the center allows for observation of the lower level while also providing additional remodeled group meeting rooms. Classrooms will be modernized and upgrades will be made to the lighting and electrical systems. In addition, interior and exterior security upgrades are planned. A new entry vestibule will provide a single, secure point of entry for the school. Exterior upgrades planned are a new roof, a new parking layout, and new decorative fencing at the front of the building.
I graduated from there in 1975 and there were parts I thought could have been done a bit better. Didn't I see somewhere that they will be building a K-8 on the grounds, too? I am sure these renovations were sorely needed as there probably hasn't been much done for a long time.