Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DetroitDad Guest

This is just a assumption, but....

In this case, the people would probably be able to contest them through the mail, as stated on the tickets. A enclosed copy of the statement issued by the mayoral assistant would probably be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
    This is just a assumption, but....

In this case, the people would probably be able to contest them through the mail, as stated on the tickets. A enclosed copy of the statement issued by the mayoral assistant would probably be sufficient.
    Reason is just beyond some people who simply MUST beat up on Detroit, DetroitDad. Not only do they not want to take responsibilty for their choices, they probably want somebody else to write the letter for them. This sense of entitlement that people have nowadays is sickening!

OK, yes, people should basically clip that news article to their ticket and fight it by mail; this is the most pragmatic solution. And it's a little beside the point to argue about whether it is asking too much for downtown to be treated like a self-respecting downtown, where you have to pay to park. And somebody may just not have gotten the memo.

But the whole premise that you sometimes, mostly not, but maybe, or who knows, let's flip a quarter, issue parking tickets on Saturdays is bunk, it is a set up for this situation, pure and simple. They're basically asking for these kinds of hijinks to occur. What, people are going to cry foul at being issued what they see as revenue tickets? I mean, you know this is going to happen. If they make a little bit of noise, the city rapidly backtracks and white-washes in an effort at diplomacy? Nobody could have predicted that turn of events.

Seriously, if you're going to let those complaints bother you, then don't even be haphazard about Saturday parking regulations to begin with.

Rank. Amateurs.
    Last edited by fryar; January-17-11 at 11:35 PM.

I can't believe it..... Is there any order?

I guess somewhere along the way I got confused. If the sign says that parking rules are in effect on Saturday, regardless of whether there are parking officers working or not, I would assume it's illegal to park. I guess my thought is that if they were relaxing this for NAIS, then they probably should have bagged the meters so it's clear to both the people parking and the enforcement officers that parking is not being enforced. Seems like it would make life much easier for everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2