Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    2blocksaway Guest

"He only has Warren on his mind and that is it. We don't need a guy like this in our region."

Isn't that his job? To only have Warren on his mind?

Hes' doing what they elected him to do. Bring and keep jobs [[tax $$$$) in Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by 2blocksaway View Post
    "He only has Warren on his mind and that is it. We don't need a guy like this in our region."

Hes' doing what they elected him to do. Bring and keep jobs [[tax $$$$) in Warren.
    Did the people of Warren elect him to bring and keep jobs in Warren? Or did they elect him to manage the budget and city services?

Quote Originally Posted by 2blocksaway View Post

What I don't understand is why would you want to do something that would spite your neighbor, or in fact, your mother [[Detroit). As Heathcliff Huxtable [[Bill Cosby) said, I brought you into this world, and I can take you out. If one was so worried about brining jobs and money to their city, they should try and attract investment from outside the region. That will ultimately benefit any and everyone in the Metro area. But of course I suppose Warren wants to pull another failed Detroitism.

Fouts has been a maverick ever since he was on Warren City Council... a proverbial loose cannon.

For him to NOT be invited to Mackinac Island does say a lot about how other state leaders feel about him. Hell even Kwame was invited when he was in trouble last year.

I believe that nothing will come of a HQ move to Warren... but there will be lingering anomosity between him and other leaders. Sooner or later he'll do something else to piss off the politicians.

And good luck to him in trying to get state funds to help fix up south Warren... the half of the city he really should be worried about...

Bing should counterpunch by finding a nice sizable piece of land that could be donated to GM for their new tech center.

2blocksaway Guest

Ya, GM just has tons of money lying around for new construction. I am sure some free overgrown land full of garbage in Detroit is just what they are looking for right now.

Hey, Iheart,
    I thought managing city budgets and services required tax dollars. Right? Well, how do you do that? You keep businesses in your city and try to bring new businesses to your city.

Learn how to spell check and realize that Detroit can't expect to keep businesses just because it is Detroit. They need be competitive with Warren, Juarez, Hamilton, and whoever else wants a company based in Detroit to move.

Didn't Detroit "steal" Compuware from Farmington Hills? Aren't they trying to steal Quicken/Rock from Livonia? Why don't they try to attract businesses from outside the region?

GM probably won't move all in to Warren but Fouts does have the right to ask.

Warren doesn't need Detroit but it does need GM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4