The Detroit Board of Zoning Appeals meets on Tuesdays at 9:00 am in the CAYMC 13th floor auditorium [[I believe it was recently renamed the Erma Henderson Auditorium). The City Planning Commission meets on Thursday around 5 or 6 in the City Council chambers on the 13th floor. The City Council's Planning and Economic Development Committee meets every Thursday at 10:00.

Caveats: Most offices in CAYMC are closed this Monday for the Martin Luther King Holiday and on Tuesday due to a furlough day. Because of this shortened week, all of those meetings are likely postponed or their schedules are otherwise modified. The City website gives you information about the functions of those meetings, however, you would not be able to get new meeting time information or agendas for the meetings until folks return to their offices on Wednesday. As I often ask my seventh grader...how much time did your teacher give you to complete this assignment, dear?

If you can find e-mail addresses for elected officials in the various cities that you're interested in, try e-mailing them. Maybe they will check their e-mail and can point you in the right direction to find what you need. Also check the newpapers, I THINK that by law all public meetings have to be publicized somehow to citizens.