Here's the plot: I went bar hopping last night across the city and ran into friends who live all over town. This was not planned, but as it turned out, we were each from different parts of Detroit. At some point during the evening, the conversation came up about which Detroit neighborhood is the best, and specifically, dive bars were used as ammunition to prove our case. Me, being a downtowner represented the CBD. My buddy, who lives in Midtown threw in Comet Bar, Bronx, and the like. Our other buddy who lives in SW Detroit threw down his local favorites and trumped us with 5 Mexican restaurants within walking distance of his flat, and our other friend who lives in Indian Village laid out her E. Riverfront hideouts. As you can imagine, it turned into a drunken battle royale. Mind you, we were all drinking at a bar in Corktown when this conversation erupted, so irony abound.

Now, I'm bringing this battle to a bigger forum. I know we've got people from all over the city on here. I still maintain downtown is the best. Not only do we have all the skyscrapers and stadiums, but nobody can match the likes of dives like Jacoby's, Anchor, and the Post.

BRING IT. You sissies.