Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Fast food, whether you like it or not, is a fact of life. More fast food joints downtown would be sign of increased activity. rjlj, where are all these chain fast food restaurants downtown? So far as I know, there's only one McDonald's and one Burger King in the CBD and they are both in the Ren Cen.
    There was a McDonald's on Congress, Shelby was the cross street I think. It didn't last long, a few years at the most.

Default Del Taco in Livonia, too

There is one on Six Mile just east of Newburg Rd. I just drove by it a few days ago.

Edited: My mistake. That is Taco del Mar-- fish tacos!
    Last edited by Parkguy; January-14-11 at 09:21 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    There was a McDonald's on Congress, Shelby was the cross street I think. It didn't last long, a few years at the most.
    That was in the old Merrill Lynch building at Congress and Shelby, and it was there for more than a few years -- probably at least a decade or more. I used to go there quite a bit in the 80s. There was also a McDonald's on Capitol Park around the same time. Back in the 80s, Detroit had fast food well represented. Arbys, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Hardees... we even had two Little Caesar's. Since the LC closed in the Millender Center, I don't think there's one downtown anymore. You'd think with the HQ here, they would have at least one.

In my humble experience, Del Taco is better than Taco Bell. I think that they use better, fresher ingredients, and the service and cleanliness seem better or at least more consistent.
    We love our "Taco Tuesdays" when I go up to Clawson and get a bunch of the "deluxe" versions for .99 apiece. Sure, the standard ones are .49 [[on Tuesdays), but the deluxe ones are worth the investment. Wonderful.

Loco's in Greektown has good Tacos

I don't think there is a single Arby's in the city of Detroit, let alone downtown.

I remember when there was a BK in the Olde building, I used to like the Big Boy that was in the Ren Cen, how long has that been gone now?

There is a Arby's in Detroit on 8 Mile between Dequindre and Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by ja!mz View Post
    I remember when there was a BK in the Olde building, I used to like the Big Boy that was in the Ren Cen, how long has that been gone now?
    Wasn't that a Burger Chef, then Hardee's? I know it was a Burger Chef at one time, because I liked their breakfast sandwiches and patronized it often.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgemain View Post
    There is a Arby's in Detroit on 8 Mile between Dequindre and Ryan.
    If I'm not mistaken that's closed.So is the Arby's that used to be on 8 near Gratiot.

The Taco Carts in Mexican-town have better tacos than Del Taco.. and they cost about the same. Fresh, authentic ingredients made by people who actually understand Mexican food instead of teenagers working their first job... yum.

Quote Originally Posted by laphoque View Post
    The Taco Carts in Mexican-town have better tacos than Del Taco.. and they cost about the same. Fresh, authentic ingredients made by people who actually understand Mexican food instead of teenagers working their first job... yum.
    Yeah but a lot of those taco truck guys ARE teenagers working their first job, but they actually know what they're doing and the tacos are amazing.

I usually get the older guys for some reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2