Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I believe it was June 16th 1988 in a game agenst the Toronto Blue Jays.

I remember the day, it was just me and my dad and we sat somewhere behind 3rd base, and I think we where in the first row.

Got season Tickets to Comerica Park, and have excellent parking right next to the Stadium and seats in the Tiger Den by 1st base... http://www.satelliteguys.us/metro25/tigers/

I like my seats at Comerica park, but would gladly give up these seats for one of the smaller seats at Tiger Stadium

My first Detroit Tiger game was on Thursday August 8, 1957 at Briggs Stadium. My dad took me [[age 8) and two of my friends to the game, On that day the ushers were on strike so he had to leave the stadium to buy us pop and snacks. Roger Maris was playing for Cleveland at the time as was Rocky Colavito. Reno Bertoia hit a home run for the Tigers and Al Kaline was a youngster in his 3rd. year with Detroit. The Tigers lost to the Indians 3 to 1. Here is the boxscore from that day!

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1...080DET1957.htm

I also have newspaper articles from the Detroit News [[written by Sam Greene) and Detroit Free Press [[written by Hal Middleworth) of the accounts of that game from August 1957. I received those from the Detroit Public Library - General Information Dept. many years ago.

My first game as a youngster was when Harmon Killebrew cleared the roof in left field. I assumed this happened all the time and was disappointed the next game I went to because nobody hit one over the roof.

My first game was at Tiger Stadium in 1974 when Al Kaline was honored for 3,000 hits. We received a poster of Al and other Tigers who made that milestone. He received a wheelbarrel full of half dollars or silver dollars, if I remember correctly.

It was Sunday July 17, 1955. My mother took me to Briggs Stadium by streetcar. The game was between the Tigers & the New York Yankees. With two out in the bottom of the 9th inning Tiger 1st baseman Earl Torgeson stole home. I believe that Bob Turley was on the mound for the Yanks. What a game. My mother took me to the game because my father had to work.

I believe that he was the 1st to clear the left feild roof in a game. Other and the name Steve Bilko comes to mind, cleared it in a home run derby. I was atthe stadium when Mickey Mantle cleared the right feild roof. If I recall correctly several other did so afterwards.
    Last edited by Ronjm23; January-18-11 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Added information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2