Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Psst..McCain did not win, and is not the President.
    Nostradamus in a jock strap. I can get nothing past you.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Ghettopalmetto. Good point about 1903! I stand corrected. The Commerce Department conducts the census as required by statute rather than the Constitution. Now I feel better. The Obama administration is only violating a statute.

"Here's an argument that it's unconstitutional for the president to take over the Census from the secretary of commerce. It goes like this: Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution provides for an "actual enumeration" and a statute passed by Congress provides that the duties under this clause are to be performed by the secretary of commerce. Article I ... is about the legislative, not the executive branch. Hence, it is argued, the president can't substitute a sampling for the enumeration required to be done by the secretary.

However, it is undoubtedly true that the president can fire the secretary of commerce for any reason, including failure to conduct the Census the way he wants the Census conducted. An acting secretary could conduct the Census the way the president wanted, even if the Senate refused to confirm a new secretary of commerce who would.
    http://www.usnews.com/blogs/barone/2...stitution.html

Take your pick, the Obama administration is skirting the law. I am not feigning outrage. The more I see of this administration, the more closely it resembles that of Hugo Chavez.
    So let me get this straight. Is Obama proposing that members of his administration, and not the Census Bureau are going to conduct the Census? If the Census Bureau is conducting the Census, that falls under the auspices of the Department of Commerce, does it not? Where's the crime?

Now you're just grasping straws. It's the CENSUS, for crying out loud. I wish people got this worked-up when we got lied into an unnecessary war or had our financial system completely deregulated.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    So let me get this straight. Is Obama proposing that members of his administration, and not the Census Bureau are going to conduct the Census? If the Census Bureau is conducting the Census, that falls under the auspices of the Department of Commerce, does it not? Where's the crime?

Now you're just grasping straws. It's the CENSUS, for crying out loud. I wish people got this worked-up when we got lied into an unnecessary war or had our financial system completely deregulated.

It's just the same phony umbrage from the fasicst right. Where was the outrage over the illegal wiretapping, illegal war, illegal firing of attorneys, jailing of journalists, murder of Iraquis, black site prisons in Angola, world financial collapse?

Guess the Repugnican Reich would rather sweat the small stuff.

There is no crime if the Commerce Department oversees the ennumeration. There is probably no crime if the White House rides herd on the Commerce Secretary. There would be a crime if the Obama administration was careless enough to claim that the White House was overseeing the census . The Obama administration, like the Bush administration, seems intent on politicizing the results. Bush, as I recall, did a lot of gerrymandering in Texas. The Obama administration seems to also be intent on fudging the results by guesstimating in addition to ennumerating the population before carving up new districts. Guesstimating would be unconstitutional.

"The Obama administration is downplaying how closely the White House will oversee the Census Bureau. But Press Secretary Robert Gibbs insists there is "historical precedent" for the Census director to be "working closely with the White House."
    It would be nice to know what Sen. Gregg thinks about all this, but he's refusing comment. And that, says Mr. Chapman, the former Census director, is damaging his credibility. "He will look neutered with oversight of the most important function of his department over the next two years shipped over to the West Wing," he says. "If I were him, I wouldn't take the job unless I had that changed." http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123423384887066377.html

It sounds like the Obama administration is pretty worked up about this census. The numbers, whether ennumerated or guessed at, represent representation and spending. I, for one, did get worked up when the Democrats and Republicans got us into unnecessary [[and unconstitutional ) wars and destroyed our nation's economy. Those are among the reasons I didn't vote for McCain or Obama.

Lorax, "Where was the outrage over the illegal wiretapping, illegal war, illegal firing of attorneys, jailing of journalists, murder of Iraquis, black site prisons in Angola, world financial collapse?"
    It came from Nader, Paul, and Kucinich but they had not earned their corporate sponsorships so we werent allowed the hear much from them.

Lorax Guest

I was referring to the REPUGNICAN outrage? Where was it?

Dare I say they drank the KoolAid and really liked it.

So I don't have much use for Repugnicans and their bullcrap.

ccbatson Guest

Lorax...you need to replace the word illegal with legal in your soliloquy...then it makes factual sense.

Lorax: "I was referring to the REPUGNICAN outrage? Where was it?"
    You inferred but didn't specify "Republican". No matter. I already specified that Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, as well as progressive candidates Kucinich and Nader expressed their outrage toward all the things you mentioned. Ron Paul, Ralph Nader, and their supporters continue to do so. Otherwise, I haven't heard much outrage from mainstream Republicans - or Democrats for that matter.

Lorax Guest

Lorax...you need to replace the word illegal with legal in your soliloquy...then it makes factual sense.

I guess it would, if it were true, but sadly, the actions taken by the Bush Crime Family have been judged as illegal, not just in the court of public opinion, but by the very statutes we supposedly live by.

The only question now, is, does our justice department feel the crimes committed warrant investigation and prosecution?

Congress last year investigated numerous alleged crimes, concluded there were crimes committed, then asked Tush's justice department to weigh in on them, and they said, sorry, not interested.

"if the president does it then it is legal!"

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    "if the president does it then it is legal!"
    Yes, according to Batty, his hero Nixon must have it right.

ccbatson Guest

I never said that...you did. Legal is legal regardless of the person/persons involved.

Why do you suppose congress was briefed on the LEGALITY of the enhanced interrogations? If it were just a matter of "who", there would be no need for that type of briefing, would there?

Lorax Guest

Wrong again, Batts.

Congress was not briefed on the legality of so called "enhanced interrogations"- they were made aware that they were being considered, and waterboarding was not one of the "enhancements" mentioned.

Congress was told by the White House that they would be made aware IF and WHEN such tactics would be used. Funny how it came out that they were ALREDY being used, months before any meeting Pelosi had with the White House, so all of this is moot anyway.

The Bush Crime Family at work- not only thugs and sycophants, but liars as well.

ccbatson Guest

Per Pelosi, and the CIA director, briefings from legal counsel as to the legality of the enhanced interrogation techniques were held and documented. In addition, briefings as to the actual intelligence gained, and what techniques were used were held and recorded...Pelosi being in attendance.

Lorax Guest

Yes, and Pelosi has requested a full throttle investigation, and airing of the CIA documents, just as Cheney has proposed.

We'll see.

ccbatson Guest

Check again...she wants nothing of the sort. She wants a "Truth committee", or some such nonsense. The purpose of which is to deflect her own complicity and guilt to the "lying" CIA as she refers to them [[well, misleading is the term she uses...same thing).

Lorax Guest

Check again...she wants nothing of the sort. She wants a "Truth committee", or some such nonsense. The purpose of which is to deflect her own complicity and guilt to the "lying" CIA as she refers to them [[well, misleading is the term she uses...same thing).

Not really. No deflection, since her repugnican counterparts who were also in on meetings will be hauled in to testify as well.

As will Cheney, Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, Paul Wolfowitz, Ashcroft, the Torture Attorneys, etc.

ccbatson Guest

Frank is, in fact, albeit in hindsight, the person most responsible for an economic collapse the likes of which we have never seen...trillions lost, millions of lives destroyed and to be destroyed.

Lorax Guest

Keep believing your lies.

Let me guess, today it must be Fascist Flavored KoolAid?

ccbatson Guest

Lies? Did he not/does he not push for "affordable housing" [[socialized housing) via the CRA and Freddie/Fannie) repeatedly defending them in light of very valid concerns raised by conservatives [[while taking lots of donation money from them)? Is the burst housing bubble not the root of this economic crisis? No lies my friend...denial on your part.

Lorax Guest

Lies? Did he not/does he not push for "affordable housing" [[socialized housing) via the CRA and Freddie/Fannie) repeatedly defending them in light of very valid concerns raised by conservatives [[while taking lots of donation money from them)? Is the burst housing bubble not the root of this economic crisis? No lies my friend...denial on your part.
    The burst housing bubble slipped from between George Tush's asscheeks. Not a pretty sight or smell, for that matter.

Seriously, you know the truth here, don't try and pass off blame to yet another Democrat, it's getting stale and no one's buying it.

It was Tush's retarded domestic policy, specifically the deregulated banking/lending industries that led the way down this primrose path. I remember him on the TV encouraging banks to lend to everyone, how home ownership was the "American dream" and was within reach of everybody, and to go for it- leading people into the arms of loan sharks and miscreants.

It was a planned ideology designed to snooker people into accepting loans they didn't understand and couldn't afford, especially if they were to lose their jobs due to Tush's economic collapse, which most of them did.

Couple that with the 1st piece of legislation the Tushies passed in 2001, which gave more power to corporations, banks in particular with regard to bankruptcy. Can't discharge all debt anymore, so you're on the hook for a portion of it, seemingly forever.

All Bush Crime Family doings, all the time.

ccbatson Guest

We have video and audio tape of conservatives warning against the bubble in the form of Frank's [[and Dodd, and Shumer, and other liberal's) "affordable housing" scam. More importantly, we have lots of audio/video and paper trail evidence showing them [[the libs) defending the bubble and reassuring us that it was not a problem.

Lorax Guest

Who controlled congress? Who controlled the White House? Who controlled the justice department?

The Bush Crime Family.

Frank is, in fact, albeit in hindsight, the person most responsible for an economic collapse the likes of which we have never seen...trillions lost, millions of lives destroyed and to be destroyed.
    And what was your neo-god, Bush doing while that was happening, playing his fiddle?

We have video and audio tape of conservatives warning against the bubble in the form of Frank's [[and Dodd, and Shumer, and other liberal's) "affordable housing" scam. More importantly, we have lots of audio/video and paper trail evidence showing them [[the libs) defending the bubble and reassuring us that it was not a problem.
    We also have video and audio of real, non-partisan economists explaining that the major players in the current Republican Recession were companies like Country Wide Mortgage, Bear Sterns, and the like. Of coarse the right chooses to ignore those facts, as their cronies and policies were leading them into financial ruin.

ccbatson Guest

Players? perhaps...Who set up the entire corrupt game? See my earlier posts for the answer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast