Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DetroitPole Guest

Awesome, fantastic news, and what forward thinking!

It did give me pause that south of MLK/Mack was not included. They also have a pretty funky definition of Midtown. South of MLK/Mack may not be the prettiest thing or most gentrified, but it is a critical and I believe currently disjointed link between downtown and the north Cass Corridor and deserves some love too.

It does seem odd that Brush Park/ Cass Park is not included.

But, Hey! At least some incentive is being available. If it brings residents to midtown is could have spillover effects on both B.Park and C.Park!

So I am guessing it doesn't apply to students :-\, who would I go to contact about this?

I'd contact Provost Brown if you're a WSU student. I know that 6-10 years ago, I would have been very annoyed, as I was an adjunct for the university in '03, but was not a "benefit eligible employee."

I also agree that we should expand the southern boundary of this to I-75, especially if there is some movement with the stadium. I can't see where it would cost these large orgs that much more to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I'd contact Provost Brown if you're a WSU student. I know that 6-10 years ago, I would have been very annoyed, as I was an adjunct for the university in '03, but was not a "benefit eligible employee."

I also agree that we should expand the southern boundary of this to I-75, especially if there is some movement with the stadium. I can't see where it would cost these large orgs that much more to do so.
    Well technically I am an MSU medical student, we have a satellite campus at the DMC and I currently live downtown... although I am intrigued with moving to midtown. Maybe just ask the apt complexes themselves?

Looks like I need to try to get hired by one of these institutions! Although I love my place in the CBD, Midtown is awesome.

Let's hope we get a silimiar program soon for downtown Quicken, GM, Compuware and BCBS

Just a nice little summary of the information:

30,000 Midtown workers could get cash to live there, too

The incentives

• A $2,500 allowance for new renters toward the cost of their apartment in the first year followed by additional funding of $1,000 for the second year.
    • A $1,000 allowance for existing renters who are renewing a lease in 2011.
    • A $20,000 forgivable loan toward the purchase of a primary residence [[if taken at one time), or $25,000 at the rate of $5,000 per year [[if taken over five years)
    • A $5,000 allocation in exterior home improvement matching funds for projects of $10,000 or more for existing homeowners.

Last edited by begingri; January-15-11 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by begingri View Post
    Just a nice little summary of the information:

30,000 Midtown workers could get cash to live there, too

The incentives

• A $2,500 allowance for new renters toward the cost of their apartment in the first year followed by additional funding of $1,000 for the second year.
    • A $1,000 allowance for existing renters who are renewing a lease in 2011.
    • A $20,000 forgivable loan toward the purchase of a primary residence [[if taken at one time), or $25,000 at the rate of $5,000 per year [[if taken over five years)
    • A $5,000 allocation in exterior home improvement matching funds for projects of $10,000 or more for existing homeowners.

Maybe the Garden Bowl could use their theatre to show first run movies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2