So I found myself standing in front of the Book Cadillac just the other day. The lobby was busy and people were coming in and out, it was the first time I have ever visited it in the warm weather. The building looks phenomenal! After peeking in Roast I decided to go grab a coffee at the the WBC coffee shop, it is a top notch place as well with a friendly staff. Gotta love the Book Cadillac!

I asked the woman, what is that crazy looking structure being built across the street?

She told me it was the new bus/transit terminal!

This thing is going to be rather amazing! I can't find any recent pictures online, but it is a site to behold. It looks like some sort of futuristic spaceship with lots of interesting aluminum beams, a must see!

Walked by the Lafayette, man I wish somebody would do something with that building! It would really help tie the Book into Woodward.

Overall Washington Ave. has seen worse days, I'm cautiously optimistic for the future of this premier thoroughfare!

Peeked into the Kresge building, looks like a pretty big restaurant is going in on ground level. The shops are just about renovated and I would imagine it won't be long before this place is lit back up again. I don't care if this turns out to be no better than the Dixieland Flea Market. More retail downtown = awesome!

Also noticed a few minor storefronts either under construction or just opening in the lower Woodward area. Nothing groundbreaking but any progress forward is a step in the right direction.

Downtown is looking better all of the time and has endless potential, when this recession is over look for more major developments.

<<<Begin endless negativity, pessimism, anger and thread crapping below>>>