Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Ej, my man,WTF were you thinking? A blow out?

Could be Turbin Renewal time.
    I meant that they would blow them out in the 2nd half!!! They did 26 to 3. go lions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Weeks from now it won't matter because we got the W today but this is prime example of why this team isn't ready for the big time just yet. We're on the way and we're a far better team than before but that first half had me screaming "same ol' Lions" at the TV screen.

The Backus bashers will be out as well as the calls for Gosder Cherilus' head for nearly giving the game away. But let's not forget that credit does go out to the Vikings for being one desperate team. Jared Allen was a one man wrecking crew all game long and I'm not sure who could've stopped him one-on-one. I thought Backus needed some additional help there all game long. Where was Scheffler or a RB to help with a pick?

Five sacks [[and a few of them of the pancake variety) weren't good either. To his credit, Stafford popped up from each and every one of them and found his rhythm.

Like GOAT said, we need a full game from this team to be any sort of contender. We were beat on all three aspects of the game that first half. The offense wasn't in sync, the defense gave up the big plays and even the special teams stunk it up. I have no idea what the hell Schwartz said to them at half time but it obviously worked but maybe he should record it and use it at the beginning of the game. I was absolutely disgusted at the first half and had to walk away for a bit.

And maybe it was gnome's ill fitting turbin calling me back, but I'm thankful I did to see the victory. I hope the team watches that first half in film over and over and over; they need to realize that crap can't happen again.
    That doesn't make any sense. Are the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens not good teams? All 3 three of them have lost games and looked just as bad as the Lions did. And the other two teams we beat [[KC and TB) are not that bad. Tampa has already defeated the Vikings and Falcons and the Chiefs had a chance to beat the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Are the Patriots, Steelers and Ravens not good teams? All 3 three of them have lost games and looked just as bad as the Lions did. And the other two teams we beat [[KC and TB) are not that bad. Tampa has already defeated the Vikings and Falcons and the Chiefs had a chance to beat the Chargers.
    I'm just saying we're not a complete team. It's a pipe dream because I know there isn't any team in the NFL that would consider themselves complete everyone has needs. Obviously the elite teams like the Steelers, Pats and Ravens are the elite and their flaws got exposed in their losses. I just want our team to be better and have fewer weaknesses. If the Lions play again like they did in the first half of the Vikings game, we're going to lose a helluva lot more than we're going to win.

Tampa Bay is a decent team, but Kansas City a decent team? I'd have to assert that they're terrible. They lost their two main stars in Eric Berry and Jamaal Charles. Their starting QB is dinged up and their starting TE, Moeaki is on the shelf as well. They've given up over 100 points total in three games. ESPN put them 31 out of 32.

I'm just saying we're not a complete team. It's a pipe dream because I know there isn't any team in the NFL that would consider themselves complete everyone has needs. Obviously the elite teams like the Steelers, Pats and Ravens are the elite and their flaws got exposed in their losses. I just want our team to be better and have fewer weaknesses. If the Lions play again like they did in the first half of the Vikings game, we're going to lose a helluva lot more than we're going to win.

Tampa Bay is a decent team, but Kansas City a decent team? I'd have to assert that they're terrible. They lost their two main stars in Eric Berry and Jamaal Charles. Their starting QB is dinged up and their starting TE, Moeaki is on the shelf as well. They've given up over 100 points total in three games. ESPN put them 31 out of 32.
    I attribute that 1st half to playing in the Metrodome. They just were not prepared for the noise. They certainly did not have problems moving the ball once the crowd quieted down.Luckily, none of the rest of their road games will be nearly that loud.

I know the Chiefs are not good, but they are not as bad as their Detroit/Buffalo losses. The Lions are just that AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    I dont think that was the noise. I have heard that horn at Vikings game for years and it is annoying. The noise on the TV was constant sound and sounded more like an electronic issue.
    It can't be any worse than trying to watch a Tigers - Indians game when they're at Jacobs Field [[or whatever they call it now) and having to listen to that moron that pounds the bass drum whenever the opposing pitcher is getting ready to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Awesome!!!

Anyone want to put on the Miss Cleo turbin, look into the crystal ball, splay out the tarot cards, read the tea leaves, crack open a few fortune cookies, feel their bunions, read some palms, consult the stars, look into their Magic 8 ball, talk to their feng shui master, or whip out their ouija board to make a prediction for this upcoming Sunday's game versus Dallas?

According to the various odds makers today, the Lions are anywhere from even to a 1- 1 1/2 point favorite with an over/ under of around 46.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    It can't be any worse than trying to watch a Tigers - Indians game when they're at Jacobs Field [[or whatever they call it now) and having to listen to that moron that pounds the bass drum whenever the opposing pitcher is getting ready to throw.
    I don't recall any of these noise distractions coming up this week in Dallas. Now visually on the sidelines, there will be the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders prancing about, but far be it for me to complain about that...!

bartock Guest

Anyone want to put on the Miss Cleo turbin, look into the crystal ball, splay out the tarot cards, read the tea leaves, crack open a few fortune cookies, feel their bunions, read some palms, consult the stars, look into their Magic 8 ball, talk to their feng shui master, or whip out their ouija board to make a prediction for this upcoming Sunday's game versus Dallas?

According to the various odds makers today, the Lions are anywhere from even to a 1- 1 1/2 point favorite with an over/ under of around 46.
    I think the Lions will win by a touchdown or 10 points. Miles Austin is out for Dallas, and I predict that Romo will not last the game. Kitna will throw a couple of interceptions...obviously, this is not the same Lions he managed to beat last year.

Usually when I predict the opposite happens.
    The fact Romo is hurt means we need to pressure him and I think we will make it tough for him to be productive. Also Dallas is on a short week and I think we are a better team then Dallas. It will be how we play on the road will be the deciding factor. As long as we give Stafford some time to throw and play are tough D we should win 28-24.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Usually when I predict the opposite happens.
    The fact Romo is hurt means we need to pressure him and I think we will make it tough for him to be productive. Also Dallas is on a short week and I think we are a better team then Dallas. It will be how we play on the road will be the deciding factor. As long as we give Stafford some time to throw and play are tough D we should win 28-24.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...ys-in-showdown

Odds on the various NFL Teams reaching the Super Bowl...

http://www.bankrollsports.com/blog/2012-superbowl-odds/

Another interesting piece from the WSJ on a team's season record probabilities after starting 3-0.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...49782772.html?

We were exposed last week for a couple of weaknesses.

Run defense was sub-par until the Vikes gave up running.

Kick coverage sucked worse than a prom date.

Pass blocking, what blocking?

Run blocking, ... Something like 75 total yards.

I don't know anything about Dallas other what Jessica Simpson tells me; the C-boyz may be America's Team, the country may be turning their prayful eyes toward the Big D with hope in defeating our Leos; the country may be falsely slathering the blue and silver butter just so they can easily slide off the long suffering bandwagon that is Detroit Fandom; the country may soon be clunking their tongues with Millenian echoes of 0 and 16. That this winning run has been a traitor to the true nature of Detroit's losing ways. They are waiting to turn their eyes, their backs, their shameful selves on what we know who we are.

We are winners. Winners, my friends, winners don't go to Texas to lose. Winners go to Texas to eat Romo Ribs, fuck their wives and wipe their dicks on the drapes while walking out the door.

Winners take no prisoners, they claw and scratch and bite for every foot, every yard, every touchdown.

Anyone can lose, but we're not anyone. We are the Lions the De- troit

Maybe I should lay off on the expresso shots, with a Red Bull chaser, for breakfast.

Maybe I should lay off on the expresso shots, with a Red Bull chaser, for breakfast.
    Yeah, that'd get your heart rate moving a little faster than Mr. Romo's is gonna get when Suh is tracking him down in the backfield. But the point is made- you pick our Lions to kick the Cowboys' ass.

And I concur. I'll even strap on the Miss Cleo turbin and make a bold 31-17 score in favor of our Lions.\

I wish I only had ejames01's nads to pick all of the other individual stats.

Yeah, that'd get your heart rate moving a little faster than Mr. Romo's is gonna get when Suh is tracking him down in the backfield. But the point is made- you pick our Lions to kick the Cowboys' ass.

And I concur. I'll even strap on the Miss Cleo turbin and make a bold 31-17 score in favor of our Lions.\

I wish I only had ejames01's nads to pick all of the other individual stats.
    I agree with Thruster315.

Lions 31-17

I didn't have time to analyze for players stats but I'll throw something out there.

Stafford: 300+ yards 3-4 TD
    Calvin: 100+ yards 2 TD
    Best: 100+ yards receiving
    Defense: 4-5 sacks, 2-3 turnovers

4 and oh, my god!

Are the Lions that good that they can continue to play rope a dope in the first half and come back in the second half and win? At some point that won't work anymore, but it sure is fun for now. Bring on da bears.
    Last edited by Downriviera; October-03-11 at 07:05 AM.

Don't know, but if Eastern Michigan can be 3 and 2, anything's possible. I was listening to the game on the web [[I'm in the other Washington) and my wife came into my office midway through the 4th quarter asking why I'm yelling at the computer. They keep this up I'm going to have to get stronger blood pressure medication.

The first half was frustrating, because all they kept talking on TV about with regards to the offense, was how Stafford didn't look comfortable. Why didn't they point out that the offensive line looked terrible? Stafford was under pressure almost every play because more often than not, either Gos or Backus let someone through untouched. I don't know if the tackles started playing better in the second half or if they sent a tight end to help, but Stafford was NOT at fault for his first half play.

I also couldn't figure out why the defensive line wasn't getting any penetration pretty much the entire game. Is the o-line for Dallas that good? The Lions secondary was soft for most of the game, but the thought was that the d-line would be able to hide a lot of that by being able to pressure the QB and shut down the run game. When the d-line failed to deliver, it exposed the secondary.

All that being said, it was a great ending to the game. You just had that feeling when Carpenter took that in that they somehow found new life. After the second INT, it was almost a given that the Lions were going to make a game out of this, if for no other reason than the Tony Romo factor. I've watched him a lot over the years and once he gets rattled, he can't get out of his own head and a downward spiral ensues. Romo has mad skills, probably as good as any other QB in the league, but what he doesn't have is the ability to keep his composure for a full 60 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    The first half was frustrating, because all they kept talking on TV about with regards to the offense, was how Stafford didn't look comfortable. Why didn't they point out that the offensive line looked terrible? Stafford was under pressure almost every play because more often than not, either Gos or Backus let someone through untouched. I don't know if the tackles started playing better in the second half or if they sent a tight end to help, but Stafford was NOT at fault for his first half play.

I also couldn't figure out why the defensive line wasn't getting any penetration pretty much the entire game. Is the o-line for Dallas that good? The Lions secondary was soft for most of the game, but the thought was that the d-line would be able to hide a lot of that by being able to pressure the QB and shut down the run game. When the d-line failed to deliver, it exposed the secondary.

All that being said, it was a great ending to the game. You just had that feeling when Carpenter took that in that they somehow found new life. After the second INT, it was almost a given that the Lions were going to make a game out of this, if for no other reason than the Tony Romo factor. I've watched him a lot over the years and once he gets rattled, he can't get out of his own head and a downward spiral ensues. Romo has mad skills, probably as good as any other QB in the league, but what he doesn't have is the ability to keep his composure for a full 60 minutes.
    What I saw in the first half wasn't that our offensive line was horrible, it was that the Dallas defense was just that good. They didn't have to blow through the line to get a sack- all they had to do was put up some pressure up front and cover down field well. Stafford just couldn't find an open target and seemed to force things. Statistically our offensive line didn't give up a sack the entire game, but you could tell that Stafford seemed to have a case of the nerves or was just out of sync tossing the ball. He just didn't have that accuracy and touch that he ordinarily does in the short game and Dallas just didn't give the wideouts any openings deep. So I think it was a combination of things- the Dallas defense and Stafford's accuracy. Thank goodness we adjusted in the second half.

A few of the things that I'm really starting to dig about this team is that is does seem like a team. Watching Kyle Vanden Bosch blocking Doug Free downfield on the Chris Houston pick was a gem; he must've shoved him 10-15 yards just trying to open a lane for Houston to scamper. All of the wide receivers understand their individual roles on this team; I have yet to see any of them demanding the ball more. On a quieter side of things I also noticed how the offensive line wanted to make sure their QB wasn't going to get touched this week. They all took responsibility after the multi-sack game last week and as much as Dallas moved DeMarcus Ware around, he was kept at bay. And while this was hardly coaching PC, it was good to see Jim Schwartz come back up Delmas in that shouting match with the Dallas receiver who only got one foot inbounds.

4-0, not the prettiest of ways but this ain't rhythmic gymnastics where they get graded on style points. As fans we want them to do better and as professional athletes, they know they can do better. It's a far cry from where we've been and I'll take it any way I can.

It's difficult on the rotator cuff, but I'm pattin my own back as I'm confident the Leos read my Redbull infused pre-gamer.

It's difficult on the rotator cuff, but I'm pattin my own back as I'm confident the Leos read my Redbull infused pre-gamer.

SOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo Gnome....whats is your prediction for the Lions Bears Game? Will we get our first loss, or will we go to 5-0?

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast