Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
If the NFL is locked out this fall, it could be a huge opportunity for the NHL to get some exposure. Bettman should schedule back to back Sunday afternoon nationally televised games. I'm sure a lot of people would rather have a few ginger ales and watch a little hockey than clean gutters and rake leaves. lol
It would be a shrewd move on Bettman's part but as far as commissioners go, I think Roger Goodell is just a tad brighter than Gary Bettman. I'd be willing to bet he's going to do everything he can to keep the NFL going forward- whereas Bettman just doesn't exactly strike me as a commissioner who's in touch with the NHL and their fan base. I look at the growth of the leagues and the NFL is by far the top banana when it comes to maximizing its exposure and growing its fan base. Sadly the NHL has branched into geographic areas where it's barely received which much enthusiasm and might fall below NASCAR for a fan base.

Besides I'd like to think I'm doing my part to keep capitalism going by hiring the local kids to rake the leaves on Sunday.