Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I know our coach says that wins don't carry over to the next season, and thats true as far as the standings go. But having a winning attitude is big. My hope is that this carries over and no matter who puts on the Honolulu blue and silver jersey, they become a stud. Just like the Wings have been doing for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    I know our coach says that wins don't carry over to the next season, and thats true as far as the standings go. But having a winning attitude is big. My hope is that this carries over and no matter who puts on the Honolulu blue and silver jersey, they become a stud. Just like the Wings have been doing for years now.
    I think the perception of winning will most definitely enhance a team's likelihood of attracting other free agents. For some of the veterans who've performed well and have never had a shot at winning it all, going to a team with the perception of winning it all might actually trump the amount of cash a lesser team might offer. That's what I personally hope that the Lions have done by winning their last few games. Sure, we lose out a few spots in the NFL Draft order but that cachet of being known as an up and coming team just might attract proven players as opposed to untested players.

The buzz around the league is that Schwartz is a bright guy and we've got a nucleus of solid young talent. If I were an older player that still has a few more years left and the situation doesn't look as though it's going to improve any time soon in the current situation, I'd seriously consider coming to Detroit. If I were an older defensive lineman, who wouldn't want to play alongside Suh? Nate Burleson came here and knew playing opposite Calvin Johnson, he was going to get his touches.

Our Lions aren't looking too shabby and for once might actually look like a destination to play again. We left the dance and still had some heads turning our way; it's not a bad feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    For some of the veterans who've performed well and have never had a shot at winning it all, going to a team with the perception of winning it all might actually trump the amount of cash a lesser team might offer.
    You are refering to the Lions? Our Detroit Lions? Who would have thunk it.
    We arent there yet and I dont see to many guys with a couple years left deciding Detroits the place to play for a championship.
    Maybe after next year, we shall see