Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default Sick Turtle swims to hospital

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/S...he-Doctor.html

A loggerhead sea turtle nearly swam to the door step of the Florida Keys Turtle Hospital, the only licensed veterinary facility in the world that solely treats sea turtles. The 73-pound reptile was suffering from a bacterial infection and somehow knew exactly where to go for help -- no Yellow Pages needed.

I wonder if it had been treated there previously? loggerheads are great navigators

Does he have insurance, or does he plan on stiffin' the joint?

He can just use the emergency room as insurance....duh....

Lets eat them...animals are dumb, and only humans are sentient beings...

ccbatson Guest

Bizarre and funny coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I wonder if it had been treated there previously? loggerheads are great navigators
    If it had, I would expect it would have been wearing a tag from the previous visit. Neither the story nor the video mentioned whether or not a tag was found. They didn't mention whether or not they thought it had returned from a previous visit. Inquiring minds want to know!

It could have been a one-in-a-million coincidence too.

In my first post on this thread I stated that the workers tag all the turtles they have treated before they release them, so this turtle would not have been one they had seen before. We learned this on our visit to the Turtle Hospital a few months ago. Also, I posted the link to the Turtle Hospital twice where anyone can read all about what they do there to care for the turtles. Seems all the unnecessary political garbage keeps people from following the subject of the thread.

ccbatson Guest

ANy of the examples that I posted achieve the supposed ideal of "self governance"?? Not a one. Almost a nice try SM.

Thanks for the link to the turtle hospital. I've heard about it in the past, but it was nice to read about what they do there. I will visit next time I'm in the keys. Now for some turtle humor. A turtle got mugged by a gang of snails. The Police officer asked the turtle to describe the incident and the turtle said he didn't remember much because it all happened so fast.