Quote Originally Posted by Chuck La Chez View Post
I would define petty as anything that isn't worth one of the many news outlets coming to report on it because if no one will report it, then it's a common occurrence.

I think you people are severely over-paying for the services you receive. However, if you're committed to Detroit, then you have to figure out a way to fix the system rather than compete with other complainers for the limited resources.

It's hard to say much about the current state of affairs because Bing is doing so much and the districts are in the process of being drawn. If we were having this exchange ten years ago, I'd talk about the racially motivated change to at-large council and Detroiters perpetuating the disenfrachisement of all their citizens by continuing it. However, I think Detroit's at the cross-roads and so most conversation is moot.

My hope, however, is that all Detroiters who have complaints about abandoned-house-water-fountains that aren't severe enough to get news attention would redirect their energies from complaining to city departments that already know about the problems to participating in their political process.
So in your opinion anything that's considered a common occurrence should be considered petty? That makes for a very interesting viewpoint.