Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

gdog, what did that sentence mean? What is overbite pmsnbc pelosi? What left wing extremists are you talking about?

Did Obama mention Republican talk radio? It's also interesting that you named it exactly what it is, I think your slip is showing.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the words 'Crazier and crazier" in the thread title. There seems to be a monster under the thread now.

Congresswoman Giffords' condition has been upgraded to serious. The breathing tube was removed, she is breathing on her own through a tracheotomy. She can move both sides of her body and she can see and recognize people. It is a miracle for sure!

Those 2 or 3 rounds might save a person from a carjacker or home invader.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Oh, so only two or three more lives is OK, then?

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Those 2 or 3 rounds might save a person from a carjacker or home invader.
    Or kill a nine year old

Yes, I long for the day when a lunatic steps into a crowd with a gun and random gunfire breaks out from everyone around. That will really really help the situation. Sweet suffering Jeebus.

Quote Originally Posted by oldredfordette View Post
    Yes, I long for the day when a lunatic steps into a crowd with a gun and random gunfire breaks out from everyone around. That will really really help the situation. Sweet suffering Jeebus.
    That almost happened in this situation. The first armed person on the scene arrived after the weapon had been secured and he mistakenly thought the person holding the gun was the shooter. Luckily he held his fire until he learned the true situation.

Arizona is a total clusterfuck, I tell ya.

Armed bystander almost shot hero that disarmed AZ shooter
    I saw another individual holding the firearm. I kind of assumed he was the shooter. So I grabbed his wrist and you know told him to drop it and forced him to drop the gun on the ground. When he did that, everybody says, no, no, it's this guy.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-17-11 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That almost happened in this situation. The first armed person on the scene arrived after the weapon had been secured and he mistakenly thought the person holding the gun was the shooter. Luckily he held his fire until he learned the true situation.

Arizona is a total clusterfuck, I tell ya.
    I have to agree with this. I still can't figure out why I keep moving back here.

gdogslim Guest

Typical, people assume he had mistaken the gunman, maybe he was assessing the situation and acted 100% correctly. Just like the liberal loonies assumed Loughner was some right wing tea party dude.
    How many people would this law abiding citizen saved if the left wing nutcace Lougher kept shooting?
    We need more rational people like him to carry and protect.

Too bad the people on the planes that went down on 9/11 weren't carrying. They could have popped the muslim terrorists in the head for an early trip to allah, and maybe saved a few of trillion dollars in war expenses.

""Did Obama mention Republican talk radio? ""
    - He didn't have to, he implied it, the liberal loonies carried his water for him. Obama didn't say anything at all or try to stop all the liberal nutcases from spewing their right wing hate ever, did he? But he will say something if he disagrees with some conservative. But again, many libs can't handle the truth.

I wonder if Obama will ban "The Communist Manifesto" and "Mein Kampf" — since this is what Loughner was reading and it turned him into the left wing extremist that he was.

Anti-gun fanatics have been desiring this wild-west situation for a VERY long time.

Where has it EVER happened?!

If not in gun-happy AZ, then it won't ever.

Period.

Nice karmic wish there, OldRedfordette. Don't want to be around to witness your 'wishlash'.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    Typical, people assume he had mistaken the gunman, maybe he was assessing the situation and acted 100% correctly. Just like the liberal loonies assumed Loughner was some right wing tea party dude.
    How many people would this law abiding citizen saved if the left wing nutcace Lougher kept shooting?
    We need more rational people like him to carry and protect.

Too bad the people on the planes that went down on 9/11 weren't carrying. They could have popped the muslim terrorists in the head for an early trip to allah, and maybe saved a few of trillion dollars in war expenses.

""Did Obama mention Republican talk radio? ""
    - He didn't have to, he implied it, the liberal loonies carried his water for him. Obama didn't say anything at all or try to stop all the liberal nutcases from spewing their right wing hate ever, did he? But he will say something if he disagrees with some conservative. But again, many libs can't handle the truth.

I wonder if Obama will ban "The Communist Manifesto" and "Mein Kampf" — since this is what Loughner was reading and it turned him into the left wing extremist that he was.
    Well, once again, you've proven that there is a vast space between sanity and the actual truth.

Medicate yourself, before we have another unfortunate incident. You and the assassin seem to have the same anger management problem, just by the tone and direction of your posts.

It's a damn shame this is left to remain while others are removed.

Gannon, in my neighborhood in Old Redford, we called that sarcasm. It's easy, fun and free!

When it comes to crazy, CA is not alone.
    http://www.harpers.org/archive/2010/07/0083023

"... A horrific budget deficit has been papered over with massive borrowing and accounting gimmickry, and the state may yet have to issue IOUs to employees and vendors. All-day kindergarten has been eliminated statewide, and some districts have adopted a four-day school week. Arizona’s state parks, despite bringing in 2 million visitors and $266 million annually, have lost 80 percent of their budget, with up to two thirds of the parks now in danger of closure. The legislature slashed the budget for the Department of Revenue, which required the agency to fire hundreds of state auditors and tax collectors; lawmakers boasted that these measures saved $25 million, but a top official in the department estimated that the state would miss out on $174 million in tax collections as a result..."

[Sounds like Tea Party heaven.]

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    Well, once again, you've proven that there is a vast space between sanity and the actual truth.

Medicate yourself, before we have another unfortunate incident. You and the assassin seem to have the same anger management problem, just by the tone and direction of your posts.

It's a damn shame this is left to remain while others are removed.
    I think we might have identified another possible wacko gunman on this very forum!

Quote Originally Posted by gdogslim View Post
    Typical, people assume he had mistaken the gunman ...
    He confessed that he had mistaken the gunman. Scroll back. Or are you really that illiterate?

I would not take gdogslim seriously. He is obviously trolling this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    He confessed that he had mistaken the gunman. Scroll back. Or are you really that illiterate?

Gdog has watched too many shootemup shows where the good guys hardly ever get hit and always take down the baddies with one shot. lol

Default 7 more killed in Philly

When will this ever end? It's time to refuel and reload Air Force One with another cargo of "Together We Thrive" campaign slogan t-shirts and make a day trip to Philadelphia. The Commander in Grief's approval ratings went up 8% last month and by something like a 72-11% margin. Americans approved of the President's performance in Tucson. This is, of course, if this incident works into his agenda. Otherwise, what is the variable? Funny how the press has been rather quiet about this incident compared with Tucson.

In both cases, the assassins were properly licensed.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41154527...ime_and_courts

What do you mean? it's been all over the news, in the papers, and the link you posted is from the right wing bete noir MSNBC. It's a horrible story. Why do you think it's being ignored [[despite evidence to the contrary)?

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    And now ignorant, hateful, politicians, talk show hosts, lobbyists and assorted nut cases who precipitated this situation will back off long enough to cover their own asses until the media furor dies down. Then they'll begin doing and saying the same things, over and over again. And they'll propose terrorism charges and the death penalty for shooting a politican and/or a member of a political party or congress, as they ignore gun and hate problems that plague our citizenry as a whole, on a day to day basis. But they'll cover and protect their own asses. It's all about the political elite.
    Theeeeyyyyrreee back. Same old s+#t.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Theeeeyyyyrreee back. Same old s+#t.
    Now we're going to have a protracted debate about 'killing' and 'destroying'.

What do you mean? it's been all over the news, in the papers, and the link you posted is from the right wing bete noir MSNBC. It's a horrible story. Why do you think it's being ignored [[despite evidence to the contrary)?
    I sure don't see the Philadelphia story showing up on the front page of BBC and other websites I visit day after day like the Tucson story. Checking Google for verification, there are 2,390,000 stories related to 'Loughner' but only 767,000 related to 'Gosnell'. No one has brought up the Philadelphia murders on this site and there is no similarly active thread on it here either. Nor do I hear calls from Congress to outlaw or tighten up abortion practices. Nor do I hear of any plans for the President to even say something about these seven murders. I will guess the difference in attention that these two stories receive doesn't even involve that the Tucson killings were of whites and the Philadelphia murders seem to be of poor minority individuals. There was a lot of grief regarding the horror of the one 9 year old in Tucson because of her innocence but there is no huge outrage about 7 even younger children being assassinated. So again I ask, "What is the variable?" with regards to the treatment of these two stories.

There's no telling why the media in general reports one story and not another. However, if you are talking about the rightwing media, I'd guess that they rightfully felt their stand on gun control was under attack whereas, they are probably still working out how to spin the Philadelphia story. Do they honestly think that criminalizing abortion would make this sort of event happen less often? They haven't been in favor of making birth control pills affordable or of educating people on the finer points of the laws on abortion.

This is typical. I started this thread for a completely different reason. How far it has come off track with all the nittering and nattering and accusing and counterpunches. Common people. Let's get on track and learn to communicate in a constructive manner.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast