Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    And if bobby w is correct, and Fred Wheeler becomes commissioner, it begs the question: What qualifications put him in a position to get the top job? Wasn't it a Kilpatrick connection? Fred Wheeler's older brother is Heaster Wheeler, a former firefighter who is executive director of the Detroit NAACP and, once-upon-a-time, an aide to U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick. Fred was just an ordinary firefighter during the Kilpatrick era, when, presto!, he was elevated to second deputy commissioner, in charge of buildings.
    So, for all the firefighters on the forum, is Wheeler qualified? Who would make a good commissioner? Will any commissioner be able to suddenly repair all the broken rigs, hire people and make EMS show up on time?
    http://www.theskanner.com/article/20...ure-Over-Taxes

In my opinion, Heaster Wheeler, [[although he's not a part of the DFD now) like Puke, thug KK and many others at City Hall aren't capable of handling large sums of money without some of it disappearing or bills not being paid or having "misconceptions" about what they "thought" they should pay.

....and Heaster Wheeler was the biggest racist in town when he was on the DFD. If Fred follows in his brothers footsteps then he certainly won't be able to do much to improve the DFD. I hope Bing sees this and reconsiders his choice, there are so many capable people in the DFD that could handle the job in the interim or permanent.

Quote from The Detroit News by Hester Wheeler:

"I'm very proud of my brother being in this space," Heaster Wheeler, a former firefighter, said Friday. "I know he is extremely capable [[and) brilliant. He's got the experience, knowledge, skill and ability. He's got some good ideas and some enlightening perspectives that will serve the citizens of our city well. I'm definitely biased."
    ^^^That's an understatement.
    Last edited by Buy American; January-08-11 at 03:22 PM.