I am on Christmas break from Wayne State, I was rather bored on my last week on break and I recently have decided to draft a plan to make Detroit a more "Visitor-friendly place".

In my Page draft I have included such elements as...

Parking
- Detroit should model after Birmingham's model of having the first 2 hours of parking free.
- The parking rates at the garages should all be the same per hour.

SkyDeck
- Reopen the "SkyDeck" or attempt to build one in the RenCen.

Banners

- Fill up the streetlight banners in downtown Detroit and surrounding neighborhoods. Banners are a cheap way to advertise cultural events, attractions downtown, etc

CityPass program

- The museums in Detroit should attempt to come together and form what I call "CityPass". A ticket that a visitor that can purchase for lets say $20.00 and that would get them into any museum in Detroit for that day of purchase. I started out with a plan for a pilot program for the CityPass.
- The pilot program would start with the DIA, Detroit Historical Museum and Detroit Science Center and [[if validated) a visitor could receive free parking in the underground parking garage next to the DIA for the day.

-All these points I have are more in depth in my 44 page report.
- Any comments or suggestions? [[ Please leave out comments such as "get rid of prostitutes and panhandlers" etc)