Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Must have been a Slows news day.

Slows where nobody goes there anymore cause it's too crowded. I just watched the 2020 piece tonight. Pittsburgh looks like a better place to live then Detroit.

An interesting read about a reporter who finally was defeated by Detroit and left with his family.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11002/1114667-109.stm

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    Slows where nobody goes there anymore cause it's too crowded. I just watched the 2020 piece tonight. Pittsburgh looks like a better place to live then Detroit.
    Pittsburgh was a shithole in the 1970s; however, unlike Detroit, Pittsburgh appears to have had a functioning government between then and now that was willing to try to solve problems. Detroit, my whole life [[I'm just about 50), has been busily trying to blame everything but itself for its problems and not making any effort to solve anything.

The fact that you can clearly see the Dearborn-Detroit border from an airplane [[try it) tells you everything you need to know about how our main municipality has functioned the past 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    Yea, they got good food but I won't eat there anymore atleast until it gets warmer outside as im not going to stand out in the cold on Michigan ave waiting for a table to open up.

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    Pittsburgh was a shithole in the 1970s; however, unlike Detroit, Pittsburgh appears to have had a functioning government between then and now that was willing to try to solve problems. Detroit, my whole life [[I'm just about 50), has been busily trying to blame everything but itself for its problems and not making any effort to solve anything.
    The one caveat that I might offer up is that the City Council and even Mayor Bing have quietly started affecting change. Or at least I hope so. One sign that gives me some hope that things are happening is that the media outlets are no longer reporting on stupid inside squabbling amongst the Council members, no more electrifying of chairs [[way to go Sharon McPhail), and just plain dissent amongst the Mayor and Council.

Granted that could just be lousy reporting on the media's part but it is one sign that maybe things are happening.

And it's also one of the best things I can say about the people in this area- we're always hopeful and always willing to try. Whether we succeed or not has never seem to stop our efforts to try and try again. Just maybe one of these days we'll get it together and tangible things will happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2