Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Chuck La Chez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyScholar10 View Post
    Le sigh....

Social liberal double-speak, huh? The ultimate okey-doke in action.... Freedom and oppression go together, right? Can't have one without the other. Just depends on which side you're on that works. There's nothing liberal about that.

If the private property you're talking about are those bars who are willingly, openly, blatantly ignoring the smoking ban, whatever.

Bottom line: I do not smoke. Never did. I do not want to be around smoking. So I do not patronize places where smoking is permitted. I'm not affectinterested in "helping" smokers by the tired line of "freedoms". That's some wicked karma coming by profiting off of one's addiction.
    That's two posts and I swear that I think you and I are speaking different languages. In the first post, I couldn't tell if you were modifying the word subjective so I asked for clarity. Your second post is even more confusing because you use "okey doke" as a noun but the dictionary lists it as an adverb. Further, your stunted sentences don't communicate complete ideas.

Are you trying to affect poetic style, are you inebriated or is this simply how you sincerely communicate?

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck La Chez View Post
    That's two posts and I swear that I think you and I are speaking different languages. In the first post, I couldn't tell if you were modifying the word subjective so I asked for clarity. Your second post is even more confusing because you use "okey doke" as a noun but the dictionary lists it as an adverb. Further, your stunted sentences don't communicate complete ideas.

Are you trying to affect poetic style, are you inebriated or are is this simply how you sincerely communicate?
    Wow... this right here? ^^^ Can't be life....

Otherwise defined beyond your "mainstream" dictionary, "okey doke" is a NOUN described [[within African American Vernacular English) as when one attempts to dodge or redirect an attack or an opponent/opposing viewpoint with said argument and momentum. In other words, flipping the script, which is what you attempted to do by labeling my argument as "social liberal double speak".

Address the point, ask for clarification, but once the labels start flying, methinks one is not interested in a real conversation.

Deuces.

Chuck La Chez Guest

Wow... this right here? ^^^ Can't be life....

Otherwise defined beyond your "mainstream" dictionary, "okey doke" is a NOUN described [[within African American Vernacular English) as when one attempts to dodge or redirect an attack or an opponent/opposing viewpoint with said argument and momentum. In other words, flipping the script, which is what you attempted to do by labeling my argument as "social liberal double speak".

Address the point, ask for clarification, but once the labels start flying, methinks one is not interested in a real conversation.

Deuces.
    I have no idea what you're trying to communicate. Can't be life? A noun described as? Labeling your argument?

Listen, guy/gal, I wasn't trying to offend or challenge you. You commented on my opinion and I was looking for clarification but I don't want it this bad. My stomach is upset from trying to figure out what you're trying to say. The craziest part is that I'm dead serious. My stomach is upset and I have a slight headache as a result of trying to decipher your writing.

Are you okay with that? I can't be the only one who has a hard time communicating with you. Are you working to improve it? Do you have access to resources to help you with it? I ask because I might be able to help.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

I have no idea what you're trying to communicate. Can't be life? A noun described as? Labeling your argument?

Listen, guy/gal, I wasn't trying to offend or challenge you. You commented on my opinion and I was looking for clarification but I don't want it this bad. My stomach is upset from trying to figure out what you're trying to say. The craziest part is that I'm dead serious. My stomach is upset and I have a slight headache as a result of trying to decipher your writing.

Are you okay with that? I can't be the only one who has a hard time communicating with you. Are you working to improve it? Do you have access to resources to help you with it? I ask because I might be able to help.
    Gal.... another dismissive term.... Are foxy guys normal in your world?

Now you want to say you weren't trying to offend me but continue to challenge use of the English language. And when you were provided a clarification of the term "okey doke", now you want to victimize your participation in this exchange?

Again, this can't be life.

Chuck La Chez Guest

Gal.... another dismissive term.... Are foxy guys normal in your world?

Now you want to say you weren't trying to offend me but continue to challenge use of the English language. And when you were provided a clarification of the term "okey doke", now you want to victimize your participation in this exchange?

Again, this can't be life.
    I really hope things work out for you. Despite what people claim, it's an unforgiving world and people look for reasons to hate you. I really feel that you should seek to avoid giving them reasons.
    Last edited by Chuck La Chez; January-03-11 at 05:58 PM.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

I really hope things work out for you.
    And so with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rid0617 View Post
    Personally I think it should be up to the bar/restaurant owner. No one forces a non smoker to go into a smoking establishment. If the majority of customers want non smoking the cash register will reflect it and the owner will change the rules. It's easy to make rules when it's not your financial security at stake.
    Southern bars and restaurants had the same issue when the federal gov. outlawed racial discrimination at public accomodations.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

I really hope things work out for you. Despite what people claim, it's an unforgiving world and people look for reasons to hate you. I really feel that you should seek to avoid giving them reasons.
    The edit button is not your friend. Hate? Really? It's not that serious. Pity.

Chuck La Chez Guest

It's not that serious.
    That depends on your goals. I trust that you're more capable of determining the extent to which your aspirations can be hindered as a consequence of ineffective communication skills.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

That depends on your goals. I trust that you're more capable of determining the extent to which your aspirations can be hindered as a consequence of ineffective communication skills.
    **Light chuckle** Awww! What happened to "I hope things work out for you"?

You're making your own case of ineffective communication by your inconsistency.... Remember, lying is what sent Kwame to jail....

Hate on a message board? That's what's not serious....

Let's thank the Lord I use my powers for good and not evil.

If you do a little google search on FoxyScholar you will see a perception of her by others that she is "waiting on a man... In her '40's... A hard-core church goer... She used to speak in riddles like she was trying to sound intelligent which she blatantly wasn't."
    Not my words. I did look her up after she attacked me for a racist and used that precious "le sigh" to start out and ended with a fervent prayer that I be led right [[as she sees right).

FoxyScholar10 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    If you do a little google search on FoxyScholar you will see a perception of her by others that she is "waiting on a man... In her '40's... A hard-core church goer... She used to speak in riddles like she was trying to sound intelligent which she blatantly wasn't."
    Not my words. I did look her up after she attacked me for a racist and used that precious "le sigh" to start out and ended with a fervent prayer that I be led right [[as she sees right).
    [[Blush!) Not sure what the point of the Google search was, but wow! Haahahahahaha! Worse things could be said so hey, it's all good! Noooo shame or apology!

Oh wait? That was you, SWMAP? Look at God! Prayers do work!
    Last edited by FoxyScholar10; January-03-11 at 08:48 PM.

Chuck La Chez Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I wish you wrote that five posts ago! Thanks.

It's still sad though because I know it's not uncommon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3