Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default new blog about Matty Moroun

http://www.metrotimes.com/blog/newsblawg.asp?perm=719

...makes no sense for public park space to be blocked off like that..

I agree 100 percent hype. Absolutely ludicrous!

Here’s why it became an issue: Thurtell broke the story on his blog, joelontheroad, and this paper began writing about the issue. Folks over at the DetroitYes forum took notice and staged a protest softball game at the park. The city was getting embarrassed, and the corrupt Kwame Kilpatrick — who, like his mom sitting in Congress, has been oh so cozy with Moroun over the years —was no longer sitting in the Mayor’s Office.
    Yep, Urban, it's time for another softball game.

Fresh update from an anonymous forumer, via Joel Thurtell post May 9 headlined More of Matty's hijinks?

http://joelontheroad.com/?p=2318

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Fresh update from an anonymous forumer, via Joel Thurtell post May 9 headlined More of Matty's hijinks?

http://joelontheroad.com/?p=2318
    Snooping around the ball field this afternoon....

Attachment 1122

Attachment 1123

Attachment 1124

Attachment 1125

MIRepublic Guest

So, where's Kraig and Bill Shea? I mean, you guys are being insanely unfair to Matty, here, right?
    Last edited by MIRepublic; May-10-09 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Yep, Urban, it's time for another softball game.
    I would be there. Sounds like fun and gets a point across.

funny...

the blue water bridge in port huron [[and point edward ontario) only has some of the cement highway barricades around the main pier by the river but its only to keep someone from driving up to it on the street that heads that way. there is a gap between two of them big enough to drive a train through. i know because there is a set of tracks that goes under the bridge at that point that they....drive a train through...

no security there at all...

Moroun's supporters are Morons...

Without him to secure public parks who will? He can't be blamed for people using public property. He tries to the best of his ability to secure it from the public, but the public seem to keep insisting on going on to public property!

[[How was that, in doing my impression of a Moron supporter?)