Hey everyone, I've scoured the internet for a bit searching for an answer for this, but I haven't really come up with one. Here's the situation, when I do drink outside and I'm not at an establishment, I always make sure I'm on private property or some public place that doesn't explicitly prohibit the consumption of alcohol[[i.e. Belle Isle). My question for clarification of this law comes after tonight while watching the lunar eclipse. I noticed that I had wandered on to the sidewalk in front of my place of residence with my cup of beer to watch the astrological events unfold. It has always been a rule of mine to never do so because I believed the sidewalk to be considered public domain and that could equal a ticket. My neighbor has challenged my logic and now I seek the definition of the law that states the matter of drinking on a sidewalk. I couldn’t find anything on Google or in the Detroit city ordinances about this matter, so if anyone could point me to a specific ordinance or laws regarding this, it would be most appreciated. I believe it's better to know the law ahead of time than to find out about it later. Many thanks.