Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

lilpup Guest

"stalled" "major impasse" no "withdrew" yet

I'm a little surprised [[though I suppose I shouldn't be) that the Pistons pitched inflated revenue numbers and thought they could get away with it.

Now, for consideration, will the Pistons post better revenue numbers if they move downtown? Or will the benefits come more from the consolidation of services that Ilitch envisions [[dual use arena perhaps with smaller capacity allowing higher ticket prices, existing parking available)?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    I'm a little surprised [[though I suppose I shouldn't be) that the Pistons pitched inflated revenue numbers and thought they could get away with it.
    That's why I have a hard time buying it. They both have extremely smart people working this deal and both sides know that. Plus Ilitch has Tom Wilson who knows the Pistons inside and out. Why would KD's side think they could pull a fast one on Ilitch?

It was just like when some people thought that Ilitch was going to take advantage of Karen Davidson. People were acting as if KD had hired H&R Block to take care of her affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    That's why I have a hard time buying it. They both have extremely smart people working this deal and both sides know that. Plus Ilitch has Tom Wilson who knows the Pistons inside and out. Why would KD's side think they could pull a fast one on Ilitch?

It was just like when some people thought that Ilitch was going to take advantage of Karen Davidson. People were acting as if KD had hired H&R Block to take care of her affairs.
    I think it's just business. Sellers want top dollar and buyers want to lowball. If this deal between Illitch and Davidson are going to go through, it'll probably be hammered out so it's beneficial and economically sensible to BOTH sides. I don't see one side taking advantage of the other here just because I know both sides are stocked with smart savvy business people.