Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

DetroitPole Guest

I do believe Mr. Bair did the best job he could and he offered a sound explination.

However, here is my issue:

On his webpage, yea, maybe two months ago, L. Brooks Patterson posted a tirade extolling the virtures of sprawl and how Oakland County residents enjoy the best living conditions and services in the galaxy.

This situation should give him pause, though I know it won't. We don't need all those roads that now must be salted and plowed, and despite the sprawl that he equates with prosperity, Oakland County is facing serious budget issues and as a result is not able to provide those gold-plated services he boasted of.

Sounds like he's trying to feed everyone a load of shit. If I lived in Oakland County, I'd be pissed at him.

Again, Oakland County does not equal Oakland County Road Commission. They are two different organizations. Although I can't say whether Mr. Bair loves sprawl or not, whatever Mr. Patterson says doesn't represent the position of the Road Commission. It should also be noted that whatever Mr. Patterson thinks of sprawl, in his position as OC Executive, he has very little control over growth in the county or the nature of that growth. Sprawl happens because of decision made at the local community level, aided and abetted at times by MDOT and DWSD. If every local community planned and zoned in a non-sprawling way, Mr. Patterson would have no control over that process.