Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default More federal charges against Kwame

KING KWAME just piling up more trouble with the law while in prison.

Looks like the Kilpatrick were naughty, not nice. So, Santa's going to give this present. Oh my.

What's taking so long? I want the charges and I want them now!

Mommy and Daddy too. And maybe wifey.

I just hope the full truth comes out, whatever it is.. at the same time, it's another punch to the belly for the city's image, regardless of the outcome.. I hope Bing doesn't get blamed..

muskie1 Guest

I always wonder when the generous loan provided by Nicholson,Penske,Karmanos and Gilbert will draw some attention from the feds. I'm sure no favors outside of the norm were provided to these gents.
    Last edited by muskie1; December-15-10 at 02:51 PM.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by muskie1 View Post
    I always wonder when the generous loan provided by Nicholson,Penske,Karmanos and Gilbert will draw some attention from the feds. I'm sure no favors outside of the norm were provided to these gents.
    Like the Synagro execs, the heads usually have enough layers between themselves and the corruption to avoid this. I'd be surprised if any of the people "at the top" are indicted.

U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade will be holding a press conference at 4:00 p.m. today.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010121...atch-Freep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post
    U.S. Attorney Barbara McQuade will be holding a press conference at 4:00 p.m. today.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010121...atch-Freep.com
    And awaaaaaaayyyy we go. Interesting quote after the indictments were announced.

Kwame Kilpatrick’s attorney, James Thomas, said his client is innocent. “We look forward to fighting this case. I’ve talked to my client who is upbeat and is up for the fight,” Thomas said. “We expect that he’s going to be vindicated at trial as well.”

Wonder if Mr. Thomas believes in Santa too.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Lady View Post

So, wh'ud they say, wh'ud they say??

This is the cleanup indictments. This is the big canoe ride up sh!t creek for the Kwame Crime family. Kwame, the smartest, most intelligent, brightest star detroit ever had.

4 pm eh , it will probably take until 5 pm to read them all and that will lead us into the 5 pm news buuuuuuuuuuwahhhhhhhhhhahahahahaha

Karmanos giving him the job is what bugs me. He's one guy at the top that should be a little bit concerned. Though the reality is nothing will come of it.
    Gotta admit though in 2008 when this all came down I never would have thought that so many would have been exposed. And its going to even get better in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Karmanos giving him the job is what bugs me. He's one guy at the top that should be a little bit concerned. Though the reality is nothing will come of it.
    Gotta admit though in 2008 when this all came down I never would have thought that so many would have been exposed. And its going to even get better in a few minutes.
    Anybody who was in any kind of $$$ contact with this corrupt thug has dirty hands to some level.

Looks like this will go back to when KK was in State Government , its been hinted the Government will do this under the RICO act
    http://www.ricoact.com/

The hard rain is starting to fall on Kwame and his buddies

Now you know why very few projects were ever completed and no one wanted to do projects in the city during those 7 years. A total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    There is a theory that by standing by Kwame so firmly, Peter Karmanos is either extremely naive or he is corrupt.

I find it hard to believe that an extremely successful businessman like him could be that naive.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RedeemerKid View Post
    There is a theory that by standing by Kwame so firmly, Peter Karmanos is either extremely naive or he is corrupt.

I find it hard to believe that an extremely successful businessman like him could be that naive.

I still think that Karmanos is neither. Ethics aside, like Kwame's mom, he is smart enough to stay insulated from the "open" corruption.

Of course this is all conjecture, but had CCK survived this last primary, I think Karmanos would have had a windfall. This is how Karmanos has operated with politicians. He had a tight relationship with Archer, who I think is still on Compuware's BOD.

If I recall, CCK was on the Appropriations Committee and Compuware was or still is competing for a billion dollar federal contract for medical software. He put all of his chips in on her son early, and felt he had to continue to play that hand out.

I'm with kenp in believing that Kwame was never actually reelected.

For all the bashing I've done on DEGC, it's good to see that someone over there wasn't intimidated by the Kwame machine:

"Ferguson was not successful in other areas. According to the indictment, Kilpatrick tried to get Ferguson work on the Westin Book-Cadillac renovations, and on the project to demolish Tiger Stadium. When Ferguson did not get the work from the Detroit Economic Growth Corp., Kilpatrick tried to get the DEGC official removed, sending his chief of staff, Kandia Milton, to demand that official’s resignation. The DEGC official would not resign, the indictment said."

http://detnews.com/article/20101216/...-hire-Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    I still think that Karmanos is neither. Ethics aside, like Kwame's mom, he is smart enough to stay insulated from the "open" corruption.

Of course this is all conjecture, but had CCK survived this last primary, I think Karmanos would have had a windfall. This is how Karmanos has operated with politicians. He had a tight relationship with Archer, who I think is still on Compuware's BOD.

If I recall, CCK was on the Appropriations Committee and Compuware was or still is competing for a billion dollar federal contract for medical software. He put all of his chips in on her son early, and felt he had to continue to play that hand out.

I'm with kenp in believing that Kwame was never actually reelected.
    I guess to further the point, an argument could be made that the reason Karmanos stood by Kwame [["loaned" him $250k and gave him a job) is that he either:

1) Naively believed Kwame to be a good stand up guy who was a victim in all of this, and was deserving of a break.

2) Did it as you seem to speculate, in return for political favors from Kwame or the Kilpatrick inner circle. Some might characterize this active participation in a political "quid pro quo" as being some level of corruption. But I guess that's life in the big city, and big business.

Idle musings on this latest indictment which is clearly a racially and politically motivated persecution of a family that is being unfairly hounded in the extreme [[just kidding):
    • Mr. Ferguson and Mr. Kilpatrick put the elbow on Walbridge Aldinger [["Company W"). This was pretty dumb. Walbridge plays in the big leagues nationally. They make enough money legally and are smart enough to avoid engaging in corruption on federal contracts. They were more than happy to cooperate when the FBI showed up. BTW, Walbridge sued DWSD regarding the Oakwood Pump Station contract. Not sure of the outcome.

• Would like to know who was the DEGC official who refused to let Mr. Ferguson in on the Tiger Stadium demolition contract? And who was the high level administration official who demanded the DEGC official's resignation? Very interesting. The DEGC showed no integrity in cancelling the Tiger Stadium Conservancy proposed project. They redeemed themselves in a small way by standing up to the ex-mayor on the demolition contract.

• Bernard Kilpatrick's greed/stupidity was so overwhelming that he was still putting the squeeze on Karl Kado when it was obvious to a ten year old that the FBI was listening to everything. In September 2005, Mr. Kado learned that he was the target of an FBI investigation and informed Bernard Kilpatrick of that fact. The existence of the investigation into Detroit corruption became common public knowledge and a frequent media subject in 2006-07. In January 2008 the text messaging scandal erupted shining an enormous spotlight on the ex-mayor and all kinds of dubious conduct of his inner circle including his father. Yet in March 2008, Bernard Kilpatrick meets Mr. Kado at a restaurant and solicits more kickbacks in a conversation that the indictment makes clear was picked up on a wire.

KK, His Father, Mercado, Miller and Ferguson are going for the ride on this train.

People are always complaining about high speed rail, looks like Kwame & Company are going to ride it first.

Too bad they couldn't nail these crooks sooner before they did so much damage.

Too bad they haven't got Mom & Conyers too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast