Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blizzard

Sumas,

Dont forget to spray some silicone on your door gaskets when you get them open.

Screw this crap, let's all go to Vegas. Hopefully it will warm up above McMurdo Station weather by the time Santa gets his jolly ass down here.

I was in Vegas over Valentine's Day weekend one time, and all the pools were closed! I asked why and they looked at me like I was nuts..."It's too cold to swim!"

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    I was in Vegas over Valentine's Day weekend one time, and all the pools were closed! I asked why and they looked at me like I was nuts..."It's too cold to swim!"
    Those sissies don't know the meaning of cold.

I came into Minneapolis from Fort Myers as the blizzard began and took the light rail from the airport to downtown. It was on schedule. I was stranded by the blizzard for a day. The City's clean up efforts were remarkable

Attachment 8068
    On Sunday morning, we had to dig out a car[[the first mound of snow).

Attachment 8069
    We shoveled a roadway out of the drifts and one side of the car. When the car was removed, it left an impression in the snow on the other side; something which I have never seen before. Note the impressions of the door handles and windows. So what make and model was the car?

This link has some storm tracker footage of road clearing in Minneapolis. Up to four plows work together to clear an expressway.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ12V2Gf3NU

That's cool oladub.

I'm thinking PT Cruiser? Believe me, I've dug a lot of snow around cars, and Ive never seen this either, pretty amazing
    that it all stuck together.
    Last edited by canuck; December-14-10 at 10:27 PM.

What is the snow removal equipement in Detroit? How do they operate and where do they bring the snow to? Are there snowblowers?

Chevy Cobalt, 4 door.

Quote Originally Posted by quite98 View Post
    Chevy Cobalt, 4 door.
    You're getting warm.

Opel, er, Saturn Astra.

Chrysler PT Cruiser by the angle of the back windows... I also thought Jag but it too low to have been driven there or ever removed from that level of snow... LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I came into Minneapolis from Fort Myers as the blizzard began and took the light rail from the airport to downtown. It was on schedule. I was stranded by the blizzard for a day. The City's clean up efforts were remarkable

Attachment 8068

Attachment 8069
    We shoveled a roadway out of the drifts and one side of the car. When the car was removed, it left an impression in the snow on the other side; something which I have never seen before. Note the impressions of the door handles and windows. So what make and model was the car?

This link has some storm tracker footage of road clearing in Minneapolis. Up to four plows work together to clear an expressway.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ12V2Gf3NU

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post

Attachment 8068

Attachment 8069

Wow, was that u holding the shovel? Looks like a lexus SUV to me, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jiveturkey View Post
    Wow, was that u holding the shovel? Looks like a lexus SUV to me, lol
    Quite98 got the 'getting warm' rating for being the first to identify a Chevy product. That isn't me as I was behind the camera.

Attachment 8072

It's a Chevy Malibu! If we had dug out the car further back, we would have uncovered an older model white Cadillac. A plow had gone the center of the street so we only had to tunnel to the center lane. There was no point to have shoveled out the curb side of the car since the car would be driving away from the curb. What shoveling we did took two of us a half hour. Car shown after having been driven forward.

My power was out again for 28 hours strait. My heart goes out to the people on the ground and on the lines that work for DTE in that weather. I used to be a lineman. My beef is with the accountants that run a marginal power grid. My power now only goes out ten times a year, and thats an improvment.

Eight or more outages in a 12-month period entitles you to a bill credit. Contact them. It should entitle you to a circuit rebuild. As a lineman, what do you find to be the problem with your service?

I haven't been a lineman for twenty five years, and that was cable. Some outages last a few minutes, while I've also been out for five days. I've tried finding some type of grid outage reports on-line from DTE over the years, but all I can find on-line is PR releases for power lunches and so forth. I would like to see a twenty year chart for my area. I was Lucky to have [[a now fried ) fax machine that would spit out reports on power issues. One day coming home from work, I found out the power went out seven time in one day !

Oh well, it's part of the territory I guess. But when it's 10 degrees -----

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3