Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

IF the FBI were searching for deeper alliances, proof of manipulation from a higher authority...it would be in everyone's best interest to keep these evildoers in place. Let them feel comfortable, go back to their 'business'. Zing them to kingdom come when everything is proven.

I don't know...merely speculating. Hoping against hope that this is the case.

Plus, housecleaning could bring certain retribution...and if I were Bing I'd want that directed at the Feds, not anyone local. Hell, they might not even want the investigations to be KNOWN by the police, if Ella and her old beau Warren still have friendlies in place within the department.

Remember, Swami Kwhyme mesmerized even the Federal official in charge of oversight...who is arguing that she shouldn't have to return her fees, because the work was done. That was the laugh of the week earlier this one, or it might've been last week late...but I read it recently in the Freep, I think.

Must get coffee. Synapses aren't firing well yet. Maybe a nice brisk walk in this 15 degree weather will help.

Cheers...we'll see where this goes. The Vinton project was merely one of many where these idiots played their hands and injured a number of good people. I want them all gone...and pray now that if there is any divine hand in this, there be no hindrance to the progress of the 'good guys' and gals doing the purging and clearing work.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    Dave Bing doesn't take a salary.
    How is that relevant to, well, anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Plus, housecleaning could bring certain retribution...and if I were Bing I'd want that directed at the Feds, not anyone local. Hell, they might not even want the investigations to be KNOWN by the police, if Ella and her old beau Warren still have friendlies in place within the department.
    Retribution is a good point.

Heck, I'm surprised that I didn't think of that one. After all, I was the guy who pointed out to the Historic District Commission that the Kwame Clan had falsified an inspection report on the Madison-Lenox back in 2005.

http://fobc.igorfilms.com/Testimony.Madison-Lennox.html

The next morning, I discovered that someone had apparently taken a baseball bat to my car.

So, yeah - I have to admit that retribution is a legitimate concern. I can see Mayor Bing wanting to the let the FBI do the dirty work for him.

I wouldn't be so aware of it, but although I haven't suffered the same material loss as you...someone DID come knocking at the side door of my father's house one fine day when the whole Kwhyme thing was ramping up. Shame my step-mother didn't get their ID, she was shook up by the whole thing.

Later on...VERY recently, in fact...I got a call from someone I have known who happened to hear a group who was REVIEWING THE ARCHIVES here. It was a gentle warning that "these folks don't mess around"...with the clear implication that I should be afraid and stop posting under my real name.

I thanked them and didn't take their next call. I consider this person someone of conscience who cared enough to let me know these things were happening...'they' are trying to figure out how and why their empire came apart.

I am still trying to figure out the extent of who 'they' are...and serendipity or co-incidence has allowed me to be in the 'right' place at the 'right' time too many instances for me to ignore that I may be some very minor agent for positive change. I do spot trends and tie in data points as easily as blinking...I guess a life of conspiracy theorizing can have SOME positives, heh.

I believe GOOD will prevail in this city. I believe the Spirit of Detroit is more real than just some statue on Woodward Avenue. I believe that within my lifetime, we will see Detroit become something amazing in a way that almost nobody will expect. I am eager to aid that along.

Cheers and more on this amazingly sunny, chem-trailed, bitter-cold winter day!

"The little building that could."

Look at how it is dwarved among it's neighbours. Still, it's 12 stories high [[above ground).

Here's one oddity about the Vinton that I had to mention after seeing Whitehouse's image. The small penthouse on the roof was divided into 3 sections. The far eastern portion was elevator controls, the far western portion was general mechanical, but there had been a sort of "infill" addition between the two that was outfitted as an apartment with a deck! There was a living room, bedroom, and full bath with a stand up shower. Now, here's the odd thing. It was only accessible by walking out on to the roof. There was no way to get to it from inside the building. There was even a phone jack installed. I have had the privilege of exploring many buildings, and have seen some very strange things. This may not be the strangest, but it may be the most curious, at least for me...

I have attached some pics below. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Krawlspace View Post
    Here's one oddity about the Vinton that I had to mention after seeing Whitehouse's image. The small penthouse on the roof was divided into 3 sections. The far eastern portion was elevator controls, the far western portion was general mechanical, but there had been a sort of "infill" addition between the two that was outfitted as an apartment with a deck! There was a living room, bedroom, and full bath with a stand up shower. Now, here's the odd thing. It was only accessible by walking out on to the roof. There was no way to get to it from inside the building. There was even a phone jack installed. I have had the privilege of exploring many buildings, and have seen some very strange things. This may not be the strangest, but it may be the most curious, at least for me...

I have attached some pics below. Enjoy!
    That is awesome! Like a secret hide-away on the roof.

It's not so odd - lots of buildings in S. America have these at the top. It's usually a dwelling for the building's caretaker or storage area for the caretaker.

There is a Penthouse above the Book Cad. They renovated it and sold it for One Million. That would be a cool place to live.

Anyone have an update on Vinton Building renovation / lawsuit?

Now that this thread was revived, I completely missed the part about the penthouse apartment. From one of those pictures, you'd never imagine this would in the middle of a downtown surrounding by skyscrapers. It almost looks like some rural backwoods cottage with that roughed up facade and deck. Very cool find!

Also interesting considering I just discovered something similar in my own building. I was looking into renting the penthouse on the 21st floor. Because of the odd design, I argued that there had to be a 22nd floor. My landlord said, no it doesn't exist. Well I got up there and unscrewed a hatch in the stairwell, and sure enough, found a sealed off 22nd floor with a caretakers apartment wedged between the elevator room and another mech. room. It was last used in the early 70's. My landlord was impressed by the find, but wasn't including it as part of the rental, despite that it was once connected by an internal stair to the PH

Mayor Bing IS taking a salary now, FYI:

http://detnews.com/article/20111105/...aking-a-salary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2