Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

jerrytimes, I agree. I would also have no problem with the ban if passed through popular vote.

The annoying thing is folks claiming we don't need to vote, because they somehow know the results. Limited polling shouldn't eliminate our democracy.

Also, As a non-smoker myself, I find this non-smoker superiority complex pathetic.

I mistakenly walked into a bar that was allowing smoking the other day. I didn't stick around, but imagine if bars had to pay for a permit to allow such a thing. The fine for allowing smoking when you don't have a permit would be bigger than the fine for allowing smoking currently, and it is all tax dollars that can be put to great use for Detroit. That is more important than whatever axe somebody has to grind.

george_babbage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hogz View Post
    jerrytimes, I agree. I would also have no problem with the ban if passed through popular vote.

The annoying thing is folks claiming we don't need to vote, because they somehow know the results. Limited polling shouldn't eliminate our democracy.
    Would you be in favor of doing away with elections? Should we all vote on every issue? Because I have, you know, a job that keeps me pretty busy.

Quote Originally Posted by george_babbage View Post
    Would you be in favor of doing away with elections?
    No. You?

Also, not much more time consuming to vote on different proposals, but on one ballot.. on one day

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Well, I had a good night at the bars last night. Went to three different bars and, at some point, somebody lit up in every bar. And nobody complained. Gotta love how effective this new law is. Apparently, observance of the law is inversely proportional to the temperature outside. Hahaha...
    I've run into this a couple of times. Walked into a bar and they're allowing smoking... so I turned myself right around and walked out. Found a law-abiding bar with clean air just down the street. Whew.

At least now, I have a choice.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7