Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    For sure it's why I don't get my gas in the city if I can avoid it. One of my jobs is suburban so I try to time my gas fill-ups for when I am there. Still then I am ALWAYS watchful of my surroundings on planet earth [[urban or suburban).
    I agree. I cannot remember the last time I got more than $5 worth of petrol in a city gas station in a shady, random area. Closest I've ever gotten to trouble is at Grand River and Grand Boulevard.

Perhaps the city should have all police cars gas up at public stations...increase their presence a bit at the pumps. Especially plain-clothes and gang squad! If the police could expend the humanpower to bust a few kids to make the chief look good, they can also spend some time insuring the populace is safe against gangsters. The kids selling nickel bags for the fellow who owns the gas station are not the trouble, but they ARE nearly indistinguishable from the loiterers who will cut your throat for your car.

Perhaps our broken-windows solution begins with pursuing basic loitering law observance. I'd let a small-time drug user [[without any harmful behavioral history) out of prison for every loiterer brought in...then let the probation system sort it all out. They seem to want the entire city on tethers, anyways.

Yikes! Grand River and W. Grand Blvd. has been rough for years, followed by that nearby jewel of a scary station on Linwood and W. Grand Blvd.

Yeah, on occasion I will go to that Sunoco up on Woodward and Alexandrine [[Midtown) near WSU though the gas is higher the closer you get to WSU and downtown. But it is well lit and near that police headquarters up on Woodward and West Grand is nearby and you have the WSU and city cops frequenting that strip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I agree. I cannot remember the last time I got more than $5 worth of petrol in a city gas station in a shady, random area. Closest I've ever gotten to trouble is at Grand River and Grand Boulevard.

Perhaps the city should have all police cars gas up at public stations...increase their presence a bit at the pumps. Especially plain-clothes and gang squad! If the police could expend the humanpower to bust a few kids to make the chief look good, they can also spend some time insuring the populace is safe against gangsters. The kids selling nickel bags for the fellow who owns the gas station are not the trouble, but they ARE nearly indistinguishable from the loiterers who will cut your throat for your car.

Perhaps our broken-windows solution begins with pursuing basic loitering law observance. I'd let a small-time drug user [[without any harmful behavioral history) out of prison for every loiterer brought in...then let the probation system sort it all out. They seem to want the entire city on tethers, anyways.

Yikes! Grand River and W. Grand Blvd. has been rough for years, followed by that nearby jewel of a scary station on Linwood and W. Grand Blvd.

Yeah, on occasion I will go to that Sunoco up on Woodward and Alexandrine [[Midtown) near WSU though the gas is higher the closer you get to WSU and downtown. But it is well lit and near that police headquarters up on Woodward and West Grand is nearby and you have the WSU and city cops frequenting that strip.
    Jewel of a gas station on Linwood and W. Grand......That sh*t is hilarious Zacha I know exactly what you mean and what you are talking about!

Hah, there are some scary ones out there for certain... try that joint at Linwood and Oakman--it's so dark on that corner you need a flash light to see the pumps.... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    Jewel of a gas station on Linwood and W. Grand......That sh*t is hilarious Zacha I know exactly what you mean and what you are talking about!

Hah, there are some scary ones out there for certain... try that joint at Linwood and Oakman--it's so dark on that corner you need a flash light to see the pumps.... LOL
    That is great, ROTFL

LOL Indeed. That Sunoco up on Woodward and Alexanderine is 'safer' as I stated and it is well lit. I use that one when I miss my opportunity to get gas while in the 'burbs. There are always two attendants at this Sunoco I've noted and the police cruise that area alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob66 View Post
    That is great, ROTFL
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-07-10 at 06:10 AM.