Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    My point is that people's attitudes in those places are different. And attitude is a huge impediment to urban renewal in Detroit.
    yes its all about attitude for "urban renewal" in Detroit.

Horrible schools?--you have a bad attitude.
    Can't shop for groceries anywhere?-bad attitude
    Cops don't come when they are called?--bad attitude
    Streets light don't come on?--bad attitude
    Object to sending your wife on a bus with a drunk homeless person next to them?--bad attitude

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post

Object to sending your wife on a bus with a drunk homeless person next to them?--bad attitude
    Drunk homeless person? That's nothing... last time I was in Chicago, what I strongly believe to be a homeless guy snorted a line of coke off his forearm in the seat across from me on the 'L'. Then another homeless guy hopped on the the train and asked, "anyone got any bud?" We aren't used to it so it scares us, but this happens all over. Just keep to yourself and you won't have any problems.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    Drunk homeless person? That's nothing... last time I was in Chicago, what I strongly believe to be a homeless guy snorted a line of coke off his forearm in the seat across from me on the 'L'. Then another homeless guy hopped on the the train and asked, "anyone got any bud?" We aren't used to it so it scares us, but this happens all over. Just keep to yourself and you won't have any problems.
    first off-- if a homeless guy can afford blow I doubt he is "homeless"

Secondly--Yes I keep to myself--in my car

I brought up the homeless person on the bus because Madam English used that as an example of how much her "roommate" hates using her car.

I am quite used to homeless people, crackheads etc--I am[[unfortunately) well acquainted with the goings on at peterboro and 2nd.

Funny you mention bad attitiude.... the folks in Alpena still think that Rochester and Grosse Pointe are ghetto.... bad attitude??

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Funny you mention bad attitiude.... the folks in Alpena still think that Rochester and Grosse Pointe are ghetto.... bad attitude??

Having spent many weekends in Atlanta, I highly doubt that anyone from Alpena thinks Grosse Pointe and Rochester are "Ghetto"

Having spent many weekends in Atlanta, I highly doubt that anyone from Alpena thinks Grosse Pointe and Rochester are "Ghetto"
    No, I actually have friends in both areas who's relatives in Alpena are afraid to come down to visit... fearing that they'd be visiting the ghetto... they had to be coaxed to come for a visit. Not everyone outstate is as well traveled as many metro Detroiters...

Also, remember there's a lot of folks living past 30 Mile Rd.... that boast they haven't been to Detroit in 20 years!

Augustiner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Also, remember there's a lot of folks living past 30 Mile Rd.... that boast they haven't been to Detroit in 20 years!
    Thankfully, such people are extremely easy to avoid as long as one lives and works in the city.